Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put 500 miles on my bike this week. Yet I have no idea where the hell I went. Just riding around. How many miles do you put on your bike each week?

·
Registered
759 Posts
I put 411 twisty miles on my bike (2005 ZX-6R) yesterday. Will probably put 800 on next weekend. If I rode much during the week (commuting, evenings) I'd be doing 1000+ miles a week all season long. Don't like squaring off the tires commuting. Still get out for a 100 mile blast after dinner once a week or more.

So, 500 miles a week sounds pretty normal, if not a bit low, to me...

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
~60 a day
~200 each Saturday/Sunday

So I guess I was averaging 700 a week before I crashed.....

It's all about what you like doing tho...don't worry about comparing your mileage to other people. Sometimes I like cruising/exploring and sometimes I like just hitting the twisties over and over again, which don't put any miles on your bike.

Just don't be one of those guys who has 1000 miles after 2 years....anything more than that is fine :D

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
I have hardly ridden my bike at all this summer. Ive put on like 2000 miles so far... not too happy w/ that, but after i get done w/ work, i just feel like chillin out on the couch and relaxing. It als doesnt help that ive worked 7 days a week for most of the summer. Im not working 6, but that still doesnt leave me much time

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Originally posted by burtonsbs5114
I have hardly ridden my bike at all this summer. Ive put on like 2000 miles so far... not too happy w/ that, but after i get done w/ work, i just feel like chillin out on the couch and relaxing. It als doesnt help that ive worked 7 days a week for most of the summer. Im not working 6, but that still doesnt leave me much time
I've had my bike a year and have 7K on the clock. I have a pretty demanding job and all I feel like doing after work is sitting my butt on the couch. I ride to work alot, but it;s only about 24 miles round trip. It's also been aroun 100* all this month and wearing full gear in all this heat stinks. Most of my mileage comes in the winter months.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
about 450 a week, and i only work 7 miles away from my house

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
When I first got mine, I was putting on over 1k miles a week, just around town. That's slacked off considerably now, (with over 22k miles/2 years of ownership on this one), but I still love to ride whenever I have the time...

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Originally posted by garry
I put 411 twisty miles on my bike (2005 ZX-6R) yesterday. Will probably put 800 on next weekend. If I rode much during the week (commuting, evenings) I'd be doing 1000+ miles a week all season long. Don't like squaring off the tires commuting. Still get out for a 100 mile blast after dinner once a week or more.

So, 500 miles a week sounds pretty normal, if not a bit low, to me...
Garry is my hero for many reasons. Ask him about his journalistic abilities...like documenting his numerous rides around the Mid-Atlantic.

--David

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Originally posted by trig
I put 1000 miles on my car last week...403,000 miles...woohoo. I can't wait till I get a motorcycle!
What kind of car did you put 403,000 miles on? I am trying to get 200k on my altima which is currently at 148k or so, but I rarely use it and dont care for it as well as I used to since I have been addicted to motorcycling for the last 18 months.

I put 11,100 miles on my bike since March 8th of this year. I'm not sure what I am averaging per week, but a big percentage of those miles was in June when I went on a 685 mile round trip to PA, followed by a 2400 mile round trip to the gap. June was about a 4k mileage month for me. I am taking the bike in this thursday for the 15k mile tune up, new plugs, clean carbs etc... might even quicken it up a bit.

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Originally posted by rockstar84

What kind of car did you put 403,000 miles on? I am trying to get 200k on my altima which is currently at 148k or so, but I rarely use it and dont care for it as well as I used to since I have been addicted to motorcycling for the last 18 months.
1991 Honda Accord, and I didn't put ALL of the miles on there myself. Lol.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
let's see...I was putting about 80 mi a day commuting, but now it will be down to 30 mi a day commuting (girlfriend kicked me out..see other thread "what to do when you breakup" lol)....so I guess my mileage will go down or might go up now that I will have more time to ride for fun.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.