Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
i got the engine for my wifes zx6e off ebay. it came off of a 01 zx6, not sure if was an "R" or "ZZR" . it was a direct swap though. Very simple. Go to a local bike shop and have them look up the interchange codes on their computer. If the person at the parts counter is cool, they'll help you out. As far as this being the place for e models. I dont think so either. the E's seem to be the bastards of the zx6 line up. I cant stand that damn lower leg on the frame. really screws us on fairing swaps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
yea i need an engine for my 95. the kawi dealer said only a 93-97 e engine would work. or i could use a d engine but it was a lower power output.

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
Here's where the zx6's belong:

http://www.kawiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43

They are by all right's four cylinder EX's. But while we are here I guess it wouldn't hurt to help you out. If you want advice on something you are going to have to post some info about your bike i.e. Year/model/mods ect.

If you just want an engine for you bike and are wondering if someone has one, there is a classified section of the forums for that.

Depending on where you live there may be an abundance of complete engines or nothing for hunders of miles. My suggestion would be to check craigslist first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts