Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my first post and im sorry it has to be on this note. i was on my way to the gym the other night so i decided to go in sweatpants and a t shirt...well i def. fucked that 1 up. way too many bugs to ride with the visor up so i put it down, but then i couldnt see b/c they were all smeared across the helmet. instead of turning around (i was only 2 min from my house) i kept going. i made a left turn with a car comming at me and all i saw was bug guts. next thing i know i hit a huge pile of sand and gravel that had accumulated from all the rain the night before. any way, this is my arm now. the bike, which is a brand new 636 needs new upper and lower fairings, shifter pedal, upper forks holder, tail fairing, starter cover, mirror, foot peg, and middle fairing. all this for 10 mph. thats all ok by me though shit happens. my arm is my fault and it fu*king hurts. and take notice this pic was after a few days of healing. i was able to stick print of my finger in the part closest to my elbow, and the fingernail was flush with my skin. DONT BE A JACKASS LIKE ME AND LEARN THE HARD WAY. IF I WORE MY GEAR I WOULD NOT HAVE 1 BRUISE. im out

·
Registered
167 Posts
thats the kind of luck i have, leave with no gear once and ill pay for it. i guess im a puss.. at least your ok. get well soon.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Glad you weren't hurt worse! You learned a good lesson with minimal damage ;) now go to your room for 20 minutes!!! :D

Originally posted by m1215
thats the kind of luck i have, leave with no gear once and ill pay for it. i guess im a puss.. at least your ok. get well soon.
Yeah I hear ya on that one...the first time I got on that bike without my jacket on, I'd go down for sure lol [B)]

·
Registered
182 Posts
Its 115 Degrees here yesterday and I still wore my jacket. The first time I rode w/ no jacket and shorts, happend to be the time I went down. Just a helmet and gloves luckily, because road rash sucks lol! Get better and Get more gear. ;)

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Thanks for the reminder. It is easy to get lazy with gear when it is very hot.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sorry to hear about the crash but atleast your alright and got off easy on the lesson....

I learned the same thing when I was 17 I spent 6 weeks in a wheel chair because my hands and elbow was badly rashed and I could not support my weight on crutches... My knee would have been fucked even if i had been in leathers but atleast I would have been walking rather then waiting to be pushed

Raw636 I feel for you bro, I moved from phx last july I used to park my bike most of the summer months except for night rides which were not much cooler

·
Registered
105 Posts
well it actually still could be too hot to wear a jacket but there are tons of alternatives out there. Icon makes a full lline of protection, back protector,elbow protection and knee/shin protection..... which it is rather obvious which one would have helped you out. on a side i hope it heals quick man

·
Registered
323 Posts
Man I am sorry about your accident, speedy recovery. Do you have frame sliders? its a good thing to have on new bikes.

I am from South Florida and if I can wear this kawasaki leather jacket during the summer here there is no escuse why anyone else cant.

·
Registered
316 Posts
On one of my first rides a buddy and I went out in shorts, tee-shirt and no gloves. Of course, coming round a bend on a cobbled street I lost it to a car making a u-turn in front of me. Somebody was watching over me though, and I got away without a single scratch. That was all the lesson I needed.

My rule now is if it is too hot to ride in gear, it is too hot to ride.
Truth is, I have yet to discover that temperature yet, and we have had some scorchers (but its a wet heat here in MD).

·
Registered
134 Posts
kawirad...I will be in the market for a kawi green leather jacket this fall. I have a textile/leather jacket now but want to get a full leather....never seen that one before and I like it alot,

hope you heal fast man and glad that is all you got, it could've been worse

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hell yeah, wear your gear, man I went to Moto GP yesterday, which by the way was off the hook.. and I decided to drive, and glad I did... It was hotter than a mutha, about 100-110??? I saw lots of guys with their girls on the road with just shorts and t-shirts, fuc that... If I would have rode I would have had all my gear and my girl too.... Heal up soon man, and look on e-bay.... Peace...

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Speedy recovery dude glad you walked away.

Let's wear our gear 100% of the time crew.

I purchased Firstgear Protective pants and Alpine Star boots and have been wearing them all season even when it has been hot.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Think about the bike temp aswell, because when its hot outside your bike is EXTRA HOT too. When its about 120 degree's outside my bike is almost 240 degrees. And damn if you went down with no gear and got the hot ass bike on top of you would melt. I want some leather pants to attach to my jacket.

I always wear my jacket, gloves, and helmet. I need pants and boots!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks like a nasty one, thats a good reminder why i'm not riding untill i get all my gear in. Hope your arm heals fast.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.