Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GOt the new clutch basket..FINALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY......2 weeks it took, bought it from a guy in Canada and I guess Customs wanted to play with it for a while.....but anyway, I got it and its all back together....I bought the Factory pro shift star, detent arm and spring...... also the Brocks springs like Littleman said..........The springs work AWESOME...my 7psi set up turned into 12psi with the stiffer springs..LOL..!!!
I took it for a little ride today, its back to the stock gearing....I ate up my rear sprocket when we tried to turn the boost up a few weeks ago.......even with the stock gearing and my 230lbs fat azz on it, it picked the front tire up on the 2-3 shift and held it there for about half way through 3rd:eek:......IT HAS NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE....what a fun ride..!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
GOt the new clutch basket..FINALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY......2 weeks it took, bought it from a guy in Canada and I guess Customs wanted to play with it for a while.....but anyway, I got it and its all back together....I bought the Factory pro shift star, detent arm and spring...... also the Brocks springs like Littleman said..........The springs work AWESOME...my 7psi set up turned into 12psi with the stiffer springs..LOL..!!!
I took it for a little ride today, its back to the stock gearing....I ate up my rear sprocket when we tried to turn the boost up a few weeks ago.......even with the stock gearing and my 230lbs fat azz on it, it picked the front tire up on the 2-3 shift and held it there for about half way through 3rd:eek:......IT HAS NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE....what a fun ride..!!!!!!!!!!!
let me know how the launches go I cant 60ft with those springs to save my ass

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
time for an external 255lph with a 1:1 boost ref regulator

Ive got a BEGI but im trying to do it on the stock system.......im running 63 psi right now, but I think I might need another 20psi-ish for boost above 10psi...dunno..ive been asking over on psychobike, but all im getting is one guy starts with 80psi and anothe said Velocity said 60psi for 6lbs of boost......well, I got it running all the way up top with 6 psi and 63 psi of fuel pressure...so I dunno yet.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Are you using one of BEGi FPR/ FMU? I was thinking of getting one of these. I have a 1:1 BR fuel pressure regulator but I'd like to have a rising rate unit for higher boost like you mentioned.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are you using one of BEGi FPR/ FMU? I was thinking of getting one of these. I have a 1:1 BR fuel pressure regulator but I'd like to have a rising rate unit for higher boost like you mentioned.
Nope..After I bout he bEGI, I had some F-'d up idea that I wanted to see how far I could push the stock fuel system......I bumped the fuel pressure up to 63 psi static....so its 63psi all the time...but I think I need a little more, so im looking for another regulator to try it out on..

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
You could try a 6:1, 8:1 or 10:1 FMU, I see them come and go all the time on psychobike and ebay. They're worth the investment if you need the progressive fuel pressure increase.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts