Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bad camera but you get the idea. What you can't really see is the green lights glowing from under the plastics.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Looks great. What's holding that pipe up...I don't see a hanger in the photos. I like the neon idea....where did you get them?

Old enough to know better...young enough not to care.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
funny story about what is holding up the pipe.. you see I was bidding on some rear footpeg/ exhaust bracket from ebay. They were polished and for 8 days I was the only bidder.. I worked today.. unfortunately away from a computer.. last minute someone out bids me by a dollar now I'm fucked. My rear peg brackets are hacked up so now I'm hunting for another set ... again..

the pictures do it no justice...

·
Registered
431 Posts
thats happened to me before. I took the rear pegs off my bike too. I bought a Harris Exhaust hanger from Kneedraggers and love it. Looks great and I never have any riders so I like the clean look. I don't know if you have a rider but if not the hanger thing is cool. There are pics of my bike under the Profiles and Picture section....Bike Pics 2. Check it out if your interested. I you don't want to go that way let me know and I'll think about letting go of my foot pegs. Never been touched. Still want to know about the neons when you get a chance.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if I told you about the neons I'd have to kill you.

I always seem to have someone on the back.. I stop at a gas station.."hey can i have a ride" I go to the store "hey can I have a ride" twice I was at a stop light "nice bike.. can you give me a ride" so I figure since I'm getting old and live with my girlfriend that back seat is my ticket to getting laid.

all right the neons. you beat it out of me. Here in CT it's illegal also. So, knowing that I positioned them in a way that they glow inside the bike.. not outside. Light illuminates outside litte but none of the lights are aimed out. They aren't even Neon lights. The are actually LED lights. They come in a 3 bulb spread the size of a little chocolate alpine mint. the outside bulbs are angled out a bit and the center bulb is aiming straight. I bought 4 sets. One is located between my undertail and my actual tail. YOu can not see the actual light itself. by putting it there is aims at a 45 degree angle towards my rear shock, swingarm area. The second light is actually mounted on the airbox lid facing down and slightly back. Putting it up that high allows it to shine down through my entire engine compartment with some light shooting out the sides but not much. Again you can't see the actual light. The last two are on my frame just above the airvent aiming down and slightly back. THis allows the light to shine down through my airvent while the top angled light shines back reflecting off my frame. I put nothing in the font because they are illegal. This way if I see a cop I can just hit my toggle. WIth very little light illuminating from the sides and none from the front he can't see it until I am passing him. I mounted a chrome toggle switch on my left (clutch side) ram air cover. I had to be careful it didn't get in the way when I turned and it's clear. SO their you have it.

advantage of led over Neon.. the led's are smaller, brighter, cheaper and I the led's draw SO MUCH less from your battery. I can leave them on for hours without any ill effects to my battery. neons are a pain in the ass to install because you need a transformer and they are gaudy. How you install the lights is all personal preference. It's would have been easy to have them shine out but in my opinion it's less flashy and more artistic to have the lights provide a subtle glow especially reflecing off of a polished frame

benefit of lights.. at night i shouldn't have problems being seen

now about those rear pegs

·
Registered
431 Posts
I just wanted to know WHERE you got them not so much as where you put them. But thanks. The pegs are literally brand new and I'm not totally sure I want to get rid of them. Trying to keep all the stock stuff that I removed in case I decide to get rid of the bike. Right not that's not even a thought...love it too much. No idea what they would be worth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.