Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i dont know if anyone has ever done this before but we got bored with my friends 2003 ZX6rr and created a monster exhaust. We took his yoshimura slip on exhaust system apart by removing the pop rivets off of the ened it back shutd tip and open it up and took all of the packing out . Screwed it back shut put it all together and fired it up and OMG it did not sound like a little girls exhaust system anymore the thing is bad and it looks completely legal too. Just thought it would be good to let people know and possibly hear some feed back.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i heard of cuttin the can before too its just we dont have any kind of welder but it just makes me wonder why yoshi never did anything in the first place to make there exhaust systems sound better. alot of people i talk to are not impressed by the unmodified yoshis anymore so -1 for stock yoshis anymore

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
i think yosh doesn't do it because they have to try to meet some street regulations.

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
Yeah I agree. Yoshi is still really popular but just as many people run them, there is another crowd that says they sound like shit.

I know right? Is this the point where I chime in saying "Yosh sucks ass! Akra FTMFW!!!!" ?:rolleyes::D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if by CF you mean carbon fiber than no, its the aluminum one

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
D&D's are really fucking obnoxious. LV's tend to be pretty loud too, I've got the baffle back in mine and its still loud.

·
Registered
297 Posts
So here's a question for you seasoned exhaust veterans. I was going to gut my stock exhaust ('05 BTW) and weld in a baffle wrapped in exhaust packing, essentially creating a straight through using the stock outlet. However, I just happened upon a deal for a shorty Yoshi RS-5 for cheap. Should I scrap the 'stock' route, and gut the shorty or what?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So if you made it shorty you got a better sound or just loud???
it really comes done to what kind of sound your looking for, i mean from my experience when weve made shorties in the past they get a real loud motoGP sound to it and some people like that and some dont as for me i personally like the deep sound that stays deep as it gets louder for example i love my jardine rt1. i did this for my friend on his yoshi pipe cause he wanted to hear his bike when he was sitting with everyone else at a light and he loves it....

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
+1000000000000000000000000000

i sold mine. tooooooooo fuckin loud:eek:
warbuk i love the sound of my bike, its not to loud and ive heard louder out of other bikes i ride with, i no guys around here that ride with straight through shorty pipes and u ought to here them, ha ha

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
So in this case this gone to be loud ???? has two shorty yoshi,s

my buddy did that with his TLS1000 streetfighter. He took twin 2 Bros. and cut then just about in half. We now call the bike "The Apache" for obvious reasons :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So in this case this gone to be loud ???? has two shorty yoshi,s
that will be extremely loud so it just depends on how loud you want to be.

·
Registered
68 Posts
If your friend's going to be riding that on the street...

When the powers that be outlaw any exhaust mods because too many chuckleheads do things like run straight pipes on Harleys or unmuffled cans on sportbikes because "louder is better", what then? I guess the rest of us will owe all of you a big thank-you.

Sorry to be a crank, but Jesus! How about trying not to piss off the rest of the non-riding world. I love the sound of my bike with an open pipe or racing muffler too, but I don't think it belongs on the street.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts