Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone looked at, heard of, or installed Ixil's Black Shorty Slip On Exhaust? What type of exhaust would you recommend if not the shorty? I was leanin toward the termignoni line. I'm lookin to spend up to $400 on an exhaust. I'm thinkin about getting the ixil and wanted a little 411. (sounds and whatnot) Thanks!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for the pix rider85. looks awesome! How much was it and hows the sound? Im lookin for something not too ear bleeding.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
big thanx to 2k6r......dope lookin ride. whats the sound like? Would you suggest simply cutting down an exhaust vs. purchasing the ixil shorty? thanx all

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
if you already have the pipe you want then yeah just cut it down.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey 2k6r.....any change in sound? The look is definately pimp. Very clean. I'm assuming urs is a custom job and arrow doesnt make a shorty can for the 03-04 636's.

A buddy of mine cut is stock exhaust on his gix and is having with getting the cap back on solid. How did u go about remounting the cap and keeping the factory unghetto'ized look?

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
no problem with the cap and such, went smooth, just make sure you get a smooth cut line. Sounds? no real change as far as i can tell.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey I have a 2002 zx6r, does anyone make a shorty exhaust, or do you just cut them down? I am new to street bikes so if anyone can help me out that would be great.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have the new shorty ultralite micron on my 04 636 and couldn't be much happier and the pipe i had before that was a MIG highmount that i cut down 7.5 inches. The micron is def. louder and deeper. I know of Arata, Micron, Arrow, Ixil and Akro that make the shorty pipes from the factory. Hope that helps a little... just gotta keep looking and you shall find. I would def. recommend the shorty Micron ultralite pipes. I'm not sure if the Carbon Fiber is available yet to the public but you can get the 240mm in Titanium from indysuperbikes.com which is like 9.5 inches long

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
the arrow shorty sounds very very deep, it does get a little loud when you really wail it but i think all exhausts probably get really loud when revved up high. and when i say it sounds deep i mean really deep, it makes my bike sound like its way bigger than a 636. and yes arrow does make a shorty, i bought it just as you see it, i didn't do any cutting. it was just under $400 from Indysuperbikes.com.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.