Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I've just joined this here forum and I want to get my J1 back on the road, but I wouldn't mind running it without the fairing. Quite a few people have said that it will run really poorly after about 40 mph because there's no ram air, and yet I've looked on the internet and there seem to be plenty of bikes running without a fairing, or even any ram air pipes. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience of this, and/ or any pics. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Stinky

·
Registered
144 Posts
i bought a zx6r a few weeks ago that was wrecked, and only had a front fairing. it runs just fine on the highway. i just bought ram air intake tubes for it today so ill let you know if there is a drastic improvement when i install them, but im not expecting it

·
Registered
129 Posts
Im running mine without fairings until my fairings show up. I still have the ram-air hooked up. You can run it without the ram-air, but you have to re-route the tubes that go into the ram-air ducting. Theres a thread somewhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.