Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this doesn't really have anything to do with the 6r's but what do you guys prefer on your leather jackets. collar or no collar? any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
My collar saved my neck from having a nasty abrasion from a concrete curb. That and bugs pack a mean sting when they hit your neck at high speeds. More coverage, the better.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the input. what about comfort? obviously safety is more important than comfort, but just wondering.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
ive got an abnormally large neck (18") so i prefer jackets without collars. id say that the chances ofsliding on your neck is very slim, bennsb is the only person ive heard of it happening to.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have a textle, its really nice in the summer, keeps you cool, and i have crashed with it and it saved me some loosing my skin and it felt very padded when i hit the ground. To my surpise the jacket really wasnt damaged. I am looking for a full leather suit tho, if anyone has any opinons on them let me know.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
i have an icon hoolagain textile and its sweet, cheap and it came with winter lining. I feel with the pads and all that it will protect me if and when i fall. Its actually a pretty beefy jacket for $120 although my dealer wanted $250 for the same jacket...
Ben

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
I prefer having no collar as such on my jackets so that i can get full movement of my neck without the collar cutting into it or restricting it, as for bugs and shit you can wear a neck guard which still allows movement and protects its exposure to the elements.

My personal choice of preference is Dainese Leather range, any and all of them are great safety items and cool styles.

Russ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.