Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a leather sport riding jacket. I just recently purchased my first bike so this will be my first coat and I have found a few on ebay that look good, but I don't know what size I need to get. There aren't any stores in the area that have jackets out that I can try on since it's the middle of December in Fargo, but I'd like to get my coat now. I am 6'2", 195 lbs, and fairly slim. I want something that isn't too tight so if need be I could get a couple layers underneath it (Fargo can get kinda cold). Is the sizing pretty consistent between brands (Joe Rocket, Teknic, Firstgear)? Also any suggestions on what kind of coat to get, I want something that I could wear in both the heat and the cold.

·
Registered
252 Posts
joe rocket runs a little small -- it's wise to jump a size, especially if you want add a layer or two under it. I don't know about Teknic or Firstgear, never tried them on. As for what kind of coat, look for something that has a full sleeve removable liner, so it won't get too hot in summer but stays toasty in winter

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I'm almost the same exact size you are. Except maybe about 10lbs heavier. Anyway, don't buy anything too loose. If you get a good jacket and a nice liner you'll stay mighty warm with a layer or two underneath. Make sure it fits rather snug but doesn't bind up when you sit on a bike so if you can, try sitting on a bike with the jacket on, if possible. Anyway, try on a size 52 or 54 and you'll be OK.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shoot, there are a lot of 48's that I liked. So you think that'd be too small for me then? Does anyone know anything about AGV's leather jackets? Are they nice?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I am 6'0" and 195lbs. I have a teknic chicane and it is a size 46 and a joe rocket phoenix size medium and they both fit me great. After putting a t-shirt and sweatshirt on the teknic gets a little tight and I only wear a t-shirt under the joe rocket b/c I use it in hot weather. If you are going to use a bunch of layers you may need to get a 52. Just measure your chest and add sizes according to what your layers will be.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Originally posted by lefty_ncik
Shoot, there are a lot of 48's that I liked. So you think that'd be too small for me then? Does anyone know anything about AGV's leather jackets? Are they nice?
Real nice. I have the AGV Bolt size 52 I think. It's out in my car and its too cold for me to go out 57 degrees too check. A "little" hot in the summer. and a tad on the tight side but it stretched a little. Looks badass and the kids love the Power Ranger look!

6ft 205lbs

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I have a 46and i'm 200 pounds. it fits great . with room to expand[xx(]

·
Registered
209 Posts
You'll probably fit a JR 48. I wear a 50 and I'm 6'2" 215 lbs with very broad shoulders. The 48 fits me everywhere except the shoulders. Just my $.02

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.