Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't exactly looked to see if anyone did this yet but I thought I'd offer my thoughts on the Show in NYC this weekend....

The first thing I did as I walked in the door is sit on the new ZX-10R and let me tell you, I cannot believe how light it is....reportedly 375 lbs dry with a whopping 183 hp...fit and finish were amazing

gotta get me an orange one....A+ for team Green

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
D- goes to the Jacob Javits Center for dealing with the mob scene around the OCC clan....I happened to get caught up in the zoo and couldn't squeeze my way out for a good 15 minutes....

btw...these guys don't have to build another bike for the rest of their lives...all they have to do is sell t-shirts...I should have taken pics of all the losers decked out in OCC shirts, jackets, hats, and probably underwear too...

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a big fat F goes to Honda for making the CBR1000 inaccessible to the common folk...check out the sign

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A+ to Roger Bourget for putting together this beast.....D- to Roger for not attending....

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A+ to Aprilia for putting together this tricked out Tuono.....C- for the $18K price tag...

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Props to Indian Larry....class act...there wasn't an autograph or photo request turned down....despite the mob scene...

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by teebo7
sweet pictures and you're probably right about the OCC shop. Do you know if they were still filming?
I couldn't see if they were filming at the show....but Season 2 kicks off tomorrow night I think....

I did hear someone get on the mic and tell Pauly to quit kissin' on Whitney and get back to work

·
Registered
934 Posts
Originally posted by sabbadoo10 ...gotta get me an orange one....A+ for team Green
HEY, get off MY bike!!

Ahh, just kidding...

I wish I had a 10R, Orange was my 1st choice but that Blue is dam sexy aswell.

As for OCC, you're probably right about the t-shirt biz... It's amazing what Discovery has done for their popularity over the past year or so. I'm not a huge H-D fan, but I love a good custom and they've sure put out some great ones.

·
Registered
469 Posts
whatever happen to jesse james? i thought for sure they'd continue with his show. I know he has Monster Garage but his chopper show was better.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I was there friday it it was packed. I was pised at occ. You had to stand in line for a pic of there bikes. I was not waiting hour just for a dam pic :( They had this anoucer there that was a dick and he kept saying get in line for bike pics. don't let people cut in front of you and take pics they have to wait on line.:( just for a pic god dam.:(

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
F that.....I like the show, I dig the bikes.....but I'm not about to hop on the bandwagon and get all decked out in my OCC gear....OR wait on line for two hours just to get a glimpse of them....

I'd rather check out someone like Indian Larry who's a little more willing to say hello

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
that how I felt. if I want to see them I would turn on the tv. indian larry was nice. he took pics talked to everone who had questions. just occ pissed me off.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I have also found Jesse James to be a great guy as well. I met him at his shop and he seemed to be a very nice and genuine person.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Is it just me, or was the Show the most crowded in recent years?
Maybe it was the O.C.C. guys, the line to see them was ridiculous, not that I wanted to see them, I saw them there last year when the crowd was only at 40 people, they sure got popular.
Anyway, first bike i sat on was the ZX10, WOW I couldn't believe how light weight they have become,not just Kawasaki but mostly all the liter bikes. I left early, too many damn people, but I did get to check out all the bikes.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Jesse James will be back on a chopper show soon. He filmed a show with Kid Rock. They started their ride here in El Paso, TX (far southwest corner). They hesded south into Chihuahua, Mexico and filmed along the way. They ended up on the east coast of Mexico. He was filming a copper bike that he built.

·
Registered
266 Posts
check out the new cycle world issue. the front cover has a bike that he built i havent read the whole artitcle but the bike looks crazy...

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
1800hp+375lbs=[xx(]

And it wouldn't take long for me to find a way to get killed with that.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.