Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anybody out there in kawiforums land offer any insight on this subject? i LOVE the look of the new jardine rt-1 dual outlet slip ons for the cbr 1000rr's but they don't offer the dual outlet for the 06 636. anybody know how close in shape (as far as inlet location length etc) the dual outlet is to the stock muffler on the '06 636? sent jardine a message about this through their website but so far no response

here's a pic

·
Registered
308 Posts
That actually doesn't look that bad. If Akra had a full carbon can it would look very similar except one oval outlet rather than the two pictured above.

·
Registered
710 Posts
You could probably get it modified to work, I am not sure if the 1K has two pipes that go into the can or not (that may cause a problem). Look at the yoshi RS5, it is the same for the 600RR and ZX6R/RR, its only the adapter that is different. You would also have to fabricate a hanger for it as well, where the honda is likely different.

·
Registered
634 Posts
That thing is lovely. I spotted it in Racer X magazine the other day.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does that mean they'll have it for the 600rr as well? what does it sound like? I heard that jardine is pretty high pitched, as opposed to the deeper/throaty sounds of two brothers and yoshi... this true?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Ok guys, here is the scoop. Last month I called Jardine and talked to them about this exhaust and if it was available for the 05-06 zx6's. They told me that it was being tested as we speak and under development. So that is all that I know at this time. God-Speed

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
everybody needs to get on the horn with jardine and tell them to get their asses in gear on this one:D...if the one for the 1000rr didn't cost $500 i might be inclined to buy it and see what happened just to have it...but alas i am broke and can't "risk" 500 clams just to be the fist to have something.:D

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if anybody has a buddy with this particular set up, take close ups of the mounting and the inlet angle of the can and post 'em up here so we can compare to our own...then get a new friend cause he is riding a honduh and you shouldn't be associating with his kind anyways:D

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Originally posted by God-Speed
Ok guys, here is the scoop. Last month I called Jardine and talked to them about this exhaust and if it was available for the 05-06 zx6's. They told me that it was being tested as we speak and under development. So that is all that I know at this time. God-Speed
Well that is good to hear. Nice to know that they are at least looking into it. I don't know that it would be all that much work for them to do but it sounds like they just might have it available in the near future.

Looking at thier website further, they show that the CF and Ti version of the dual outlet was just released this month for the 1000RR. Here is the Ti one:

·
Registered
390 Posts
OH, one other thing that I forgot to mention that they told me that
"the it was being tested by TEAMS" would not say which teams were testing it. So If any one at a race or watching a race on Speed sees it, let us know.

·
Registered
182 Posts
This pipe looks really good for a dual tip. Nicely sized canister too! To top it off with the carbon fiber cap. I like it better than my RS-5 full carbon fiber pipe w/ cap.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
seen that pipe a little while ago, and was like Damn something that actually looks proper from an American exhaust company.

So lets see if they will make for a ZX6R/RR, as it looks awesome on the CBR 1000...especially with the dual outlet.
seems to be shaped just like the AKRA...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.