Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i have been looking at either Jardine or Yosh slip on...

Hhat is the diffrence between the race baffle slip-on or the street baffle?

do they make a diffrence in sound, performance?

If i get the race baffle for $225 (good Price?)
Will it sound good??

·
Registered
755 Posts
The usual difference between the two is the decibals that they put out. The race slip-on will be louder, while the street will be a little more subdued. The race slip-on will be more free-flowing and possibly produce a little more HP than the street, but not anything substantial. The street version will still be more free-flowing than stock, so you win either way.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
$225 is a great price ($485 retail supposedly) . I got a Jardine carbon race baffle and it sounds sweet!!!!! I would highly recommend it!!!!!!

DO NOT DO THE YOSH!!!!!!!!!! Just my opinion, but they are made for gixxer's and that's where they sound the best.

Also, I would recommend a jet kit (DynoJet).....check ebay first, you can usually find a great deal there on jet kits......or PCIII depending on fuel injection or carbeurated

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I think Yosh's sound great on Kawasakis, just the same as they do on Suzukis, just the same as they do on Yamahas, just the same as they do on Hondas. And the Yosh pipes you buy for a ZX6R is MADE for a ZX6R. For the money they offer great build quality and finish, but yes, they predominantly work with Suzuki with their roadracing efforts which is why Suzuki riders tend to like them.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Iwas just stating MY opinion!!!!! Yoshi's sound best on gixxers. If you put a gixxer next to a kawi, both with Yoshi's, it sounds better on the gixxer.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Why do you suggest that is? Not trying to hammer you on your opinion, GMan, everybody has a different one which is cool.

Personally, I think Yoshimura exhausts sound great on ZX6R's - have three close riding buddies running them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
the jardine sounds a lot better than the yoshi. i've had both on my bike. i currently run the jardine rt-1. btw, it's loud... but not in a d&d kinda way.

·
Registered
81 Posts
how about micron vs. yosh .... I have a micron slip on my blue 636
and I think its da shiznit ... however the more I get used to it, the less agressive it sounds ... do yosh pipes have a deeper rumble in their tone or am just too accustomed to hearing my own pipe that I actually "dont hear it"?

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Originally posted by JimmyG

how about micron vs. yosh .... I have a micron slip on my blue 636
and I think its da shiznit ... however the more I get used to it, the less agressive it sounds ... do yosh pipes have a deeper rumble in their tone or am just too accustomed to hearing my own pipe that I actually "dont hear it"?
Okay, I won't rip on Micron, but the 1 I heard was kinda quiet. I like D&D, but after a while, they are obnoxious. I really like the sound of my Jardine RT1 carbon with race baffle. Super throaty at idle and purr's through the rev's. Also, has a nice sound when I let off the throttle, and looks great to boot.

Pipes do have a tendancy to sound really good when you first get them, and then after a while you get used to the sound and don't think it's enough. If you want to confirm that your Micron sounds great, just put the stock can back on for a week or so and then remount the Micron.

And sorry DJ if I pissed you off. They are all just opinions. I just have really strong opinions. [^]

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
I ordered a polished aluminum race baffle, Jardine RT-One from Hammy today. I will let you know how I like it when I put it on in April. Hammy did call me to say the mid-pipes on the Jardine's were on back order for a few days. He was concerned whether or not I wanted to go ahead with the order or cancel it. Great service. Thank you Hammy. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.