Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there have the new Jardine dual outlet RT-1 exhaust? Likes, dislikes, sounds and pics would be appreciated. I just recently purchased an 06 636 Special Edition and want to put exhaust on it. I love the way the Two Bros pipes look, but I can't bring myself to spend close to $1000 for slip-ons. I just recently came across the Jardine pipes, and like the way they look. Any help or info on good prices would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Its a great exhaust! I was super happy when I had mine. Has a great sound also. A picture to make you jealous!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That does look awesome, especially seeing it on a bike identical to mine!! Thanks for rubbin it in! Any trouble with the exhaust servo or FI lights that everyone talks about when installing exhaust?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
no problems at all. They give you the lil thing to fix it so you dont have to worry.

·
Registered
253 Posts
rt-1

I just got mine 2 weeks ago for 350 new (craigslist). I was worried that it would be SO loud as advertised on the form. Its way louder than stock! Looks great, install was easy took like 1.5 hrs. The servo block works good, I didn't use the fender eliminator though. The sound is great down low and screams up top, not to obnoxious only time I really get concerned about the noise..........so far is on those late night rides home 2am on when no one is out on the road.... except for cops. I was actually going to order an Akra but found it on craigslist and couldn't pass it up. Some people say that the build quality isnt as high as akra dont have a real view on that except that the carbon fiber work looks great and fit and finish were great as well. And the rt-1 came with the S-pipe that goes all the way down to the lower clamp (as far as I know the akra is just the can and a 3-5 in. pipe.

Only issue I had with installing mine was the instructions say to remove your right side peg with the brake fluid resv. and 'let it hang' well that didn't work out so well. Went out for the test ride and went to stop at the end of the street and I had no back brakes. Just had to bleed the rear brakes. Hope this helps

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Did you search at all? Check Youtube for sound clips... Mine has seen quite a few unique hits on Youtube.

I love the Jardine. I'm pretty pleased with it altogether, and I get a lot of compliments. I thought it was ridiculously loud at first but I've gotten used to it and it doesn't bother me. Seems to have gotten a little quieter. The only thing I'm not happy with is the carbon fiber doesn't seem to be what I would call excellent quality, and the exhaust gets pretty hot to be carbon fiber. I can't help but wonder if it's just an overlay.

·
Registered
253 Posts
zero mine gets crazy hot too..........might be an overlay..........when i searched for the rt-1 there were like a million post by you. I think I should say thanks because I did read alot of your post on the rt-1, and that helped make my mind up on getting it or not

·
Registered
5,642 Posts

I debated on getting it for a long time. It's a lot of money, so I understand wanting to do your homework before you buy something. It took me forever to decide. I love the exhaust, but part of me wishes I would have gone with the Arata or maybe something else. The exhaust sounds and looks great, but I probably should have got something with more function than form for the track.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I got it, awesome exhaust.

Lines up correctly with the tail, very loud, actually comes with a midpipe unlike the Akra, and it's extremely loud, plus it looks great.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
p.s. I really doubt it's a CF overlay sticker
i think its cause the metal chamber inside the exhaust in a CF casing more or less likely

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Those of you who have this pipe, if you had to do it again, would you buy the same pipe, or buy something different? You guys say it's really loud, how loud compared to stock?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Did you notice it was awfully hot for carbon too?
I dont think it got to hot. Being that it is an exhaust, I know that it was going to get hot. All the hot exhaust gases have to go somewhere

p.s. I really doubt it's a CF overlay sticker
i think its cause the metal chamber inside the exhaust in a CF casing more or less likely
I am pretty positive its an over lay. Have you ever seen real carbon fiber? It looks much better then jardine exhaust. I have a c/f hood and trunck on my car its it looks 100 times better then the jardine. I really like the jardine, but it is an overlay.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Have you ever seen or touched a better quality carbon fiber or titanium exhaust after it's been running? I've seen some exhausts where you could immediately put a motorcycle cover over the bike right after you hop off. I like to let mine cool down so it doesn't warp anything, melt the cover, or catch fire.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey Zero, I don't ride on the track at all, how do you feel about the RT1 as a street pipe? I ride my bike to and from work everyday, and joyrides on the weekends. I pretty much want a good sounding pipe, and good quality. I don't want to pay $500 for a piece of crap and regret it.
Would it compare to the Akrapovic or Two Bros in quality? It's good to hear from you guys that have this pipe already, just tryin to do my homework before I buy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Best sounding exhuast out there, its loud, ppl can hear me, all of my riders love the way it sounds and it looks cool
I say go for it

1 - 20 of 32 Posts