Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what other people are running. I need something to aspire to. As long as I know it is possible, I will try harder.

With that said, I am running a bone stock (except for front suspension) 99 6R. Best time so far was a 1:31.7. That was my 3rd day there, and I am dropping time like crazy. I think I can get into the 29s the way the bike is now. Maybe even the 28s if I am feeling spicy.

There may be a few things I need to take care of before that happens though. Such as rearsets. I ground the crap out of my stock pegs last time there. I feel like I can get lower to carry more speed though. I also want to get a shock. That is probably it, unless you want to count the chain/sprockets I plan on buying.

So lets hear it, what are your times???

·
Registered
562 Posts
Im down to consistent 21s and am aspiring for 19s on my 636..the 21s were on my gixxer

·
Registered
36 Posts
my best is a high 23, i run 25's more consistantly. goal by the start of race season is 20s.
bike is a 2000 zx6r with wacked out rear suspension (i can light up a tire with little effort)

anyone going this weekend?

·
Registered
562 Posts
my 636 just has a hindle slipon, and powercommander right now..im gonna put my forks back in tomorrow with Penske valving and an ohlins triple clicker shock...after that, body work, steel braided lines, an akrapovic, and a GPR steraing damper and i'll be good to go

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you guys have rearsets? If not, how much different is it between 98-99 -> 00-02 -> latest, clearance wise.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Originally posted by fsbk_366
Do you guys have rearsets? If not, how much different is it between 98-99 -> 00-02 -> latest, clearance wise.
I run rearsets, but i believe it moves my gixxer up and back a 1/4" i more or less run em, cause theyre sturdier and are solid mounted pegs..i could run stockers and never touch em on the ground, its all about hanging off the bike more...i get my gixxer over so far at jennings ive drug body work before

·
Registered
36 Posts
gotta love flat tracks huh quicktoy?
i run rearsets, i think they move my feet up a inch and back a inch. only hard part that has dragged is the levers before i moved them up.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Originally posted by Novice52
gotta love flat tracks huh quicktoy?
i run rearsets, i think they move my feet up a inch and back a inch. only hard part that has dragged is the levers before i moved them up.
I hate em..LOL, i love VIR and Barber with a butt load of elevation changes

·
Registered
995 Posts
i was running consistent 1:23s and dipped down to 1:22 for the last 2 laps before i wrecked in turn one on monday. once my bike is back together i'm shooting for 1:20s my next time down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.