Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great time at JenningsGP last weekend. It was the first time I've had the 636 on the track and it was so much better than my FZ1. There was lots of zx6r's there. My best time was only a 1:29.33 but I was getting really consistent by the end of the weekend (entire sessions w/ laps within 1 second of eachother). It was great to meet irunfromcops and Novice52 (both quite a bit faster than I, but then again, I kept the rubber side down the whole weekend, heh, heh - I'll let them fill in what happened!). The weather was great and the weekend was definatly worth the drive from Illinois. Here are a few pics:

·
Registered
995 Posts
nice pics man, it was good to meet you down there. you got a whole lot faster over the weekend!!

here's my pics from the trip and my mishap:D sorry for the bad quality of some of them, the photographer hasn't sent me a cd yet so all i have is pics of the contact sheet he gave me at the track.

R32 we saw on the beltway in VA

our hotel room :D

going to the track

oops :D

yea that will buff right out

if you look closely you can see the bent frame :(

·
Registered
663 Posts
that really sucks man...now i know why i don't race...i couldn't handle the scratchez! Hope she heals up ok, and hope your ok by the way too....wish i could ride this time of year.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Thanks for the pics... looks like a nasty slide... was that your first time off?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Originally posted by Six-R
Thanks for the pics... looks like a nasty slide... was that your first time off?
i went down early sat. morning but with hardly any damage to the bike and once on the street with the same results. i've been very lucky and walked away every time without even a bruised ego :)

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
RidgeRider,

Nice pics. Your times are nothing to sneeze at; you should give yourself more credit.

How did you like the stock tires and the damper on the track? Have you resprung the bike?

·
Registered
36 Posts
irunfromcops - did you eat it in the second session of the day in group 2 (saturday) in turn 10? i think i saw you when i was following greg melka around.

justin - glad you had fun, sorry i didn't get to talk to you more.

yes my weekend ended in sucky fashion. found out that yes, i can catch a 125 that is at start/finish when you come out of 14 wide open. [B)] it's not his fault as i should have known better and had even thought, "maybe i should brake a little earlier." i gave him a love tap then went off the track as i was past my turn in point, when i hit pit road the bike and i went for a ride. i did get everything fixed though and i get to ride at roebling this weekend. i also got my suspension fixed up and was ripping off low 23's before the wreck. happiest i've ever been on that bike.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
That sucks, irunfromcops. Hope you get it fixed soon.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hey, i saw both those bikes at the track..im sorry about your bike though bro...I came to the track saturday afternoon..was in a silver corvette..just droppin off and pickin up some work from Thermosman..not alloud on the track for a few more weeks due to my brain hemorhage but my teammate was there on monday runnin 20s and im a lil faster than him, so my goal end of january there is gonna be low 20s, high 19s

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How did you like the stock tires and the damper on the track? Have you resprung the bike?
I kept the stock tires on for the first day. By the forth session they got too hot and turned all gooey - I was sliding all over the place. I replaced them w/ the diablo corsas for the 2nd and 3rd days. They were much better, but I wore down the left side past the tread w/ only two days on the track!! I thought they were supposed to last a bit longer. They held pretty good w/ only a few rear end slides (front was great). They would spin up though coming out of 1 and 11 heading towards the kinks at WOT.

I still have the stock suspension and I didn't adjust it at the track. I set it up for the street and the settings carried over well w/ no handling problems. I'm wondering if I could increase rear tire life w/ better settings though...

The damper was great - that is, I didn't even know it was there and had no problems w/ instability/headshake even when coming down a bit crossed up after nailing it in 2nd after turn 6 a few times.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Originally posted by RidgeRider
The damper was great - that is, I didn't even know it was there and had no problems w/ instability/headshake even when coming down a bit crossed up after nailing it in 2nd after turn 6 a few times.
you were going noticably faster on the diablos! i was running street compound dunlops for sat and sunday and once i got the michelins on it was like night and day.

i pretty much forgot i had the Scott's damper on my bike and looking back i probably should have eased up on it a little bit since i think it was slowing my transition from turn 4 to 5.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Originally posted by Novice52
irunfromcops - did you eat it in the second session of the day in group 2 (saturday) in turn 10? i think i saw you when i was following greg melka around.
nope i went down the 2nd session on monday in turn 1.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hey guys. I was there on Monday. I was parked right across from irun. (You can see my bike across the pad in the trailer pic.) I talked with him a few min before and after the wreck. I didn't get to talk to you though ridgerider.

Hope you had a good drive back to NY irun. Glad you weren't hurt.

It was a great day for the track. Yes there was a ton of ZX's there.

·
Registered
562 Posts
On monday my teammate on a black 636 was runnin 1:20 flats amature number plate 714

·
Registered
995 Posts
Originally posted by want2race
irun...
Do you know why you crashed (decked the case, front washed etc)?
i haven't really figured it out, in the pics you can see i was really really low so i guess something just scraped and the back end lost the little traction it had.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.