Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I recently just picked up an 05 ZX6R and after a couple hundred kms, the bike suddenly got real jerky when on/off the throttle. I know the chain was about due for replacement but this seems to be something else as there was a sudden, abrupt change. In addition, its not directly related to the throttle as I can hear the engine revving up for a good half second before I get a kick and power is delivered to the wheels. I was just going to change the chain & sprockets anyway as it needs doing but I'd like to know if it could be something much more expensive first simply because this was a cheapo throw away bike and I have no intention of spending heaps on it. I can also move the chain by hand quite a lot back and forth which doesn't seem right though I'm no expert. I made a small video showing this. Couldn't attach here so it can be seen at
Thanks.

·
Registered
192 Posts
something clearly wrong with your rear wheel damper....do your homework in a partsbook, disassemble and inspect for something missing (actual rubber damper?)

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Yep, it looks like the rear sprocket coupling dampers are damaged or missing.

If you take off the rear wheel and pull on the sprocket to remove it, the dampers should look something like this:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just a heads up....somebody working on the bike removed them and knowingly left them out. Beware of the path of leftovers (both done and undone) by this irresponsible previous owner. I have a feeling you've not seen the last of shoddy work.... or lack of... on this machine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts