Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if its worth it or what stage should I get for my ninja 250r. I'm not too sure what stage I should get. Its stock but aftermarket air filter.

·
I ♥ Cute Cats!
22,796 Posts
Aye. I agree with Sev. Read the jetting database for good jetting baselines. STOCK, the jetting is pretty spot on in 90% of applications. The mid-load range can usually use some improvement so search for "Needle shimming" for a low cost way to fatten up that load condition.

And changing air filters has way less of an effect that most supplier boast. Until you radically open up your exhaust, remove your air box, do any decent intake modification, etc. you probably won't benefit from any jetting changes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aye. I agree with Sev. Read the jetting database for good jetting baselines. STOCK, the jetting is pretty spot on in 90% of applications. The mid-load range can usually use some improvement so search for "Needle shimming" for a low cost way to fatten up that load condition.

And changing air filters has way less of an effect that most supplier boast. Until you radically open up your exhaust, remove your air box, do any decent intake modification, etc. you probably won't benefit from any jetting changes.
Thanks very helpful information!

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
To expand on what Vex said. A major change to the intake needs to be accompanied by a major change to the exhaust. If one flows really freely, but the other has a restriction you aren't going to make any noticeable improvements because the restriction is unchanged.

From stock the bikes are very well tuned and there honestly isn't a hell of a lot of power to be gained to be honest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts