Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do it yourself. Unless it is a performance oriented shop they won't do it any better than you can do it yourself. It would help to have a service manual to help you get the carbs off the first time.

There are several other companies out there that make jet kits that have an excellent reputation on Kawasakis. You might want to check out Factory Pro and Ivan's also. I know from personal experience that Factory Pro has excellent technical support via their 800 number.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Thanks, I'll do that. Do I need any special tools and will i have to worry about synchronizing the carbs or will they need any adjustment after I get the jets and needles in??

Life is short, but sweet for certain...

·
Registered
298 Posts
By the Way, Where is the best and cheapest place to get a factory stage 1 kit???

·
Registered
298 Posts
I am going to buy a Dynojet stage 1 Jet kit and was wondering if I will be able to put it in myself? Has anyone else done this themselves? Or would I be better off taking it to a shop?

·
Registered
114 Posts
arent a stage 1 to stage 3 jet kit all the same? is there a good faq or do it yourself guide to jetting your bike? i bought my bike used, it has a full muzzy system and a jet kit, but i would like to tune the jetting does anyone have any insight on this? thanks

modern man
eco system destroyer

·
Registered
47 Posts
Stage 1 is for pipe changes and different stock style air filters ie, K&N. Stage 3 is for pipe changes with the addition of pod air filters or equivalent. I cannot remember off hand what stage 2 is.

·
Registered
298 Posts
How long will it take to install my factory stage 1 jet kit on my 01? I would like a rough time estimate so that i know when i will be able to fit it in to my busy schedule.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I installed the DynoJet Stage1 myself. Not to hard, you will need tools, a synchronizer, and a shop manual. I had to go in twice to get mine right. The main jets I bumped up on size bigger on all cylinders because I was running lean on top after recommended install. I had a flat spot at 9k and hesitation. Note:I had a slip-on and a K&N filter. Now the transition is smooth from midrange to high. Took me about half a day to install it and rest of the day to test.:D

If you need more info just give me a hollar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.