Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to Jet my 02 6R and I just have a few questions. I was wondering how the bike rode after jetting it out? How easy or hard it is to do it yourself? And which jet kit should I get? Aside from a few other things I have a Twobros exhaust on the bike.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Joker11,
My shop installs a bunch of jet kit and of all the major brands. In most instances I prefer the Dynajet brand, as they tend to go a little further and seem to be a somewhat higher quality. Any of them will make a difference and will be money well spent. I also install Flo-Commanders, and find these to be a better choice if you can only afford one system. The Flo-Commanders routinely deliver greater improvement and are easier to install. Of course I recommend using both as they each have their advantages. On my ZX-11 the Flo-Commander delivered over 10 HP (at 6000 RPM, no less). I have yet to see a jet kit contribute that much, at any RPM.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I installed a f.c on my 02 and it made a noticable difference on an otherwise stock bike. My only problem is tuning. It pulls harder at 1/2 throttle then it does at WOT. Tip in is reat but if you really twist the throttle it feels lazy, is this too rich or too lean???? There isnt any black smoke coming out the exhaust.Any ideas???

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help guys. I looking to get a stage 1 jet kit. I did the exhaust myself but I might ask for help installing the kit. Thanks again

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've only heard good things about Factory, so that what's what I went with.

I believe we're still waiting for any sort of proof that the FC does what is claimed. Do a search and read the previous topics before you spend any money on that one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.