Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already order a dynojetkit from my local dealership and am going to purchase the CF Yoshi Full Exhaust this weekend. I have no idea how to work with the carburators or have the time too (new baby, work full time, watch the baby on the off days while the wifey works) so I plan on installing the full exhaust myself and taking the bike to the dealer to get the jetkit done. My question is... will my bike run correctly w/o the jet kit? I plan to ride the bike to the dealer with the full yoshi system on and just have them do the jet kit... reason being is that the dealer wanted to charge $300+ to install both jet kit and yoshi. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
331 Posts
well i read someone rode there bike with no kit for less then 2000miles and they hit 2002 miles on the freeway and the engine blew.

being that the bike will be more lean it should be fine for a short run to dealer.

its exactly what i am doing. They quote me 50 dollars to install the exhaust, so i am putting it on this friday and jetting it on wed. I would of went with the factory pro ;]

oh you probably know but someone posted a coupon to get the full yoshi carbon for $525

just make sure you have all the mods done before jetting or else you have to rejet it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exactly how far is it?
Thanks for everyone's help on this!
The dealer is 40 miles away. I was even thinking of driving the bike down that area with a friend and finding an empty parking lot to install the exhaust. Should I change my airbox while I do this? The last thing I want is a blown engine :(

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would of went with the factory pro ;]

oh you probably know but someone posted a coupon to get the full yoshi carbon for $525
Why do you say factory pro? Is there a major difference? And I did read that post! Thanks to that guy.. good looking out. I have that link saved and will order this weekend! :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do you mean by "change my airbox while I do this?"

taking out the airbox is an entirely different matter. I would not ride the bike 40 miles w/o the airbox and stock jetting.

if you're talking about the snorkel, ask them to remove it when they install the jet kit... it will take them 5 minutes, if that. BTW, I would recommend doing the jetting with the snorkel removed.

Are they going to dyno the bike to tune the jetting?
I assume since its $100 somthing

·
Registered
132 Posts
Also if you are taking out the airbox and replacing w/ pods or K&N this is not a "parking lot" job:)

·
Registered
237 Posts
I already order a dynojetkit from my local dealership and am going to purchase the CF Yoshi Full Exhaust this weekend. I have no idea how to work with the carburators or have the time too (new baby, work full time, watch the baby on the off days while the wifey works) so I plan on installing the full exhaust myself and taking the bike to the dealer to get the jetkit done. My question is... will my bike run correctly w/o the jet kit? I plan to ride the bike to the dealer with the full yoshi system on and just have them do the jet kit... reason being is that the dealer wanted to charge $300+ to install both jet kit and yoshi. Thanks in advance
I heard it would or possibly damage your motor if you run it without the Jet kit due to it will make it run lean. By the way good to hear from you Hybridsteveo. Have you been riding out on Thursdays. This is Marlon.

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
I have installed well over a thousand dynojet kits and I usually the kits that I installed were ordered for a particuler bike with a particuler exhaust and dynojet would send the kit for that setup. Now ANY other mods (air/fuel/engine/exhaust) will have an effect on the kit you get. In all honesty, if your just doing an exhaust and jet kit, first of all the dealership price was majority for jet kit, exhaust is nothing for them to do and the actual jetkit, if you have the time (which you said you really didn't), the jetkit install is easy, simple follow directions. Most dealerships will not dyno tune the bike unless you ask...hell most dealerships don't have a dyno.
I have 2 kids and even though I had a newborn and a 2 year old at the time, I still did ALL my own work...find a babysitter or do it when they are in bed.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I just got mine jetted for my yoshi full system and my dealer said that he rather do a jet kit on an old 250 anyday. Taking all the farings off was the part that took along time. I installed the exhaust myself and actually rode it for about 200 miles with no problems. Now that it's jetted it takes off much faster. And it's sounds like a two person airplane

1 - 13 of 13 Posts