Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do u usually have to go leaner or fatter on the mains when installing a full system such as muzzy? thnx in advance.

·
Registered
157 Posts
You should have to go fatter. Generally anytime you increase airflow you have to increase fuel accordingly. There might be a few exeptions where a new exhaust is very efficient at high RPM's and not so efficient at Low RPM's requiring much fatter jetting in the mains and not as much adjustment on the pilot or needle. Basically saying that jetting is not always proportionate from low to high RPM operation. It will all depend on the parts you have installed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i havent tried fatter jets yet, jus been trying leaner than stock.also i gotta make sure i didnt lose any of the little o rings from the top of the carbs where the vacuum port is. i totally forgot to check them to make sure they were there, and ive had the carb tops off at least ten or fifteen times, lol.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
o rings were missin on outer carbs. went to adv auto and found some that were real close, i got them to fit in ok. i ordered the oem ones, should be here monday. hope it helps the dead spot around 6k. prolly wasnt pullin the needles up correctly im guessin, and made a lil vacuum leak. fun stuff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.