Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I have a 97 zx7r with 8k miles on it.
I just added a K&N filter and a D&D canister on it. Should I jet it? at 5k rpm's it will surge a little if I hold it constant at that RPM, and on a roll on at 9k it will hesitate slightly and sometimes it will crackle and pop while accelerating.
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
79 Posts
that sounds like more issues than a need for a jet kit, i have the same setup on a 02 i would jet it i had some in mine for a while it was a world of difference, mine on the other hand fell out of sync and i just put my stock carbs back in. get better mileage without the jet kit too

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so what jet kit should I get? I just ordered a new sprocket set for -1 +2, but I don't think that will impact my jetting desicion, should it?

·
Registered
273 Posts
abrisebois said:
Tell us why not to use the Dynojet kit!!!!
Thanx
Andre
As screwed up as it is since i dont know him from Jack...
Caboose knows his shit... i'd listen to his advice...

i had heard the same about Dynojet...and then he pretty much reaffirmed it... he's honest and knowledgeable...

i've looked into some of the recommendations he's made on here to others and they all seem to be right on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i dont know how dynojet's kits are for bikes but i drag race atvs and have for many years, and every quad i have seen that has did the bolt ons "pipe and filter" had got the dyno jet kit as well "mostly because the dealer is to lasy to jet it for them and can make money on the kit" and it is still way to lean. i would recomend what i do to my atv find a dyno and have it tuned. most places 200-250 bucks on a atv. and is worth every penny i have jetted till i had no finger prints thinking its right then take it to the dyno and nope its still off and gain 5-10 hp

1 - 12 of 12 Posts