Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just looking for some info on a Factory 1.0 jet kit. I just bought one off of ebay brand new and after looking over the directions the only thing your really changing is the needles.
I have a 98 ZX6R with a full akro pipe, k&n and all useless things removed.

Has anyone else installed this kit and how did it work. Its not that i dont know how to do it ,it just a little strange that everything else is all stock settings.

does factory really think this J/K and pipe is going to make a 10% gain??

thanks Barry

·
Registered
363 Posts
Interesting question, I would guess that the jet is a different size (maybe larger) than stock. The thing is, if a larger jet is going to give you 10% more why would they not just use a larger jet stock? Does it have to do with aftermarket pipes flowing better and allowing you to shoot more fuel in?
inquiering minds want to know.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sure, You know that ALL bikes come lean from the factory for the emishens<-- cant spell.In most cases lean is power but if you can make it flow better you can add more fuel mmmmmmmm more power.Most companys will say with their J/K and a decent aftermarket pipe,you SHOULD gain 10% more power.Im just trying to get some feed back.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I bought a 1.7 kit off eBay for my '95 for about $40. I would go with their recommendation. On the card it will tell you everything you need to do from jet size to needle clip position and float height.

Most bikes come from the factory lean in the mid-range. It is very possible that the stock jets are right. The needles control from about 4,000 to 8,000.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
The 1.7 for the '95-'97 is quite a bit different. You have to change everything, mains, needles, float height and drill out the main air bleeds. But the results are worth it. The power curve is smooth as a babies behind. When you drill out the main air bleed it radically changes the main jet size so it is impossible to tell if the mains are richer or leaner than the originals but I do know that my fuel mileage increased at highways speed (6,500) so I suspect the mains might be a little leaner than stock.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Big Daddy, is there a way you could send me a copy of the dirrection?? at [email protected] If it as good as you say it is maybe i could do some drilling and get a little better out of my kit. the 1.0 IS NOT that impressive, I wouldnt recamend it to anyone. thanks Barry

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
It's not a matter of saying 10% "more" anything, except 10% more properly jetted throughout the powerband, which results in better and smoother throttle response and acceleration everywhere. And the goal isn't just bigger jets, it's the RIGHT jets to provide the optimized fuel-air ratio throughout the rev range under typical loads. Sometimes gains aren't necessarily shown in terms of peak power, but in the delivery GETTING to that peak power, and often that's more noticeable than just plain more power on top.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.