Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suggest trading in your boots for other boots (not a lid). I always wear boots (Sidi vertebra) when I ride because (if I recall correctly) according to the Hurt report, injuries to the legs and feet are the most common motorcycling injuries.

·
Registered
349 Posts
still debating... took a ride and they get in my way too... not sure if I like riding boots or not... [?][V][?]

Ed
'97 zx6e

·
Registered
20 Posts
mospeed what size are your feet and what size are the boots?

i've talked to a JR rep cause i was going to get some speedmaster boots also to go along with my speedmaster jacket and gloves. i wear a size 10 1/2 shoe and he told me to go with the 11 boot because they fit alot better. maybe they run a bit small?

-Aaron
03' ZX-6RR

·
Registered
349 Posts
I wear 10 shoes and I got 11 boots... I think the boots fit fine. just when I walk they HURT!! the steel toe part drives into the top of my foot. [xx(]

IMHO... these boots just may be tooo much for the street. but I could be wrong. I have only been riding for 2 years.

Ed
'97 zx6e

·
Registered
349 Posts
My bro got me a pair of JR speedmaster boots and they are pretty sweet looking but does anyone have a pair? I tried them on and they are REALLY uncomfortable!!!! I know I won't be walking in them but every step I take the metal steel toe plate rams right into the top of my foot. :(

Who all here wears riding boots anyways???

I was thinking I should return them and get me a nice Arai or Shoei lid. All I have now is a HJC helmet. What do ya'll think? Stay with the boots or is a better lid better than my feet? anyone please throw their 2 cents in...
thanks ya'll!!

Ed
'97 zx6e

·
Registered
755 Posts
Everyone has their opinions, but I think riding boots are pointless for off track use. Get a pair of steel toed leather work boots that will protect your feet in case of a crash, but cost $22 at Wal-Mart. I have had Alpinestars and Sidi boots, and they were pointless till I got to the track. I don't knee drag on the streets, so the sliders on the toes and heels were pointless, and they are a pain in the ass to walk around in.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
i wear riding boots all the time. mine aren't covered in armour and they're really comfy riding with and for walking in. everyone at school says they look cool[8D]
mine are (pushes away from computer and checks boot) skywalk? W2s. they cost $200 cdn and have a hard plastic in the toe area and around the ankle. i actually prefer riding with my boots because i'm used to them and they grip nicely on the pegs. i wore my normal shoes yesterday and it felt really wierd[xx(]
if i were you i'd get some better(more comfy) boots

give me fuel give me fire give me that which i desire

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.