Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, last night I joined the ranks. I wrecked. First thing I will say is thank god for gear and enough common sense to wear it. I physically am just fine thanks to my gear. The bike however...broken rearset, bent clip-on, considerable rash on my fairings. And due to the lack of sliders on my bike i broke the little cover that covers the starter and all the gears the starter spins. Im not positive but it appears that the starter is angled upward a little to wich makes me afraid i might have bent of cracked the case. of yea and I snapped the front brake lever lol, nothing like a homemade shorty handle :p. If anyone has any of these parts or knows where to get them cheap please let me know. I was goin on vacation in a week and planned on bringin the bike but not anymore, so im just hoping to be on the road as fast as possible once i get back. Thanks guys!!!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea im just glad it wasnt worse. coulda been alot worse but the gear really saved alot of injury i believe. shitty thing about it all is i had a trip to carlisle planned for today with all my buddies i ride with:mad:. hopefully i can find some decent prices on the stuff i need and get her back up and running soon.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Glad your OK try classifieds here and ebay for your parts. Good luck!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
after further inspection i need that bracket the the mirrors and instrument cluster mount to also.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where are you located? I was planning on riding out to the Carlisle Bike Show as well but had to cancel my plans due to my buddies bailing on me.

So...What happened that made you go down?
I am located about 20 miles or so outside of washington d.c. I was pulling out of a local 7-11 and a cager pulled out in front of me from a side street so i tried to make a right turn onto that same street to avoid hitting them and i hit a patch of gravel. Bike lowsided then at the very end I guess the tires hit the ground and it flipped over to the other side.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I broke that on my 6R before. That bitch is expensive. Have fun.

I usually get stuff from mrcycles. Or eBay if I'm patient.
i found three on ebay today all for less than $100. first one im not goin for simply cuz the seller hasnt told me shipping yet and its in canada and the auction ends soon...im shooting for the other two...how much did you pay for yours brand new? so i know how much to spend before i might as well just buy a new one

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
60 before shipping

I think our ideas of expensive might differ. lol

ok thats good to know...well honestly that is expensive for that little piece of metal but, i also figured that would be one of them pieces that was stupid expensive just cuz kawasaki wants it to be so i was expecting $100+

·
Registered
40 Posts
Amen for safety gear. Sorry for the loss and happy you're alright. Hopefully repairs will be affordable and not demolish your wallet.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dageorge- thanks for the info, where did you get your bracket from that it was 60 before shipping?

exilent- thanks for the well wishes. Unfortunately my pockets are shallow and the wallet is thin and easily damaged lol. Its gonna be stretching things tight gettin her back on the road very soon but im young and can afford to stretch things tight :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.