Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Just thought I would mention that I am joining the ranks of Versys owners soon. Test rode the bike today, and all I can say is wow. It was simply amazing. A little tall, but I will get used to that.

The reason I am getting it is because I wrecked my 250, and decided I wanted a different seating position and to have something better suited for touring a bit. I hope to be taking it on some long rides.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have over 500 miles on mine since Aug 2nd, I love it more each time I ride. It's a great commuter bike. It a little tall for me, but I won't trim the seat or buy the Kawi lower seat. My legs wouold be a little cramped if I sat lower. I can almost flat foot the bike and it's fine for me. If you want lowering "links", go to www.kawasakiversys.com and search for "Speedy's lowering kit". Congrats on the new Versys. I'm trying to decide now on luggage for mine. Soft or hard cases???

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THanks for the tip. I probably won't be lowering it though. I just don't quite flat foot it. I am less than in inch away from that. Mind you, I probably will in boots.

And this section doesn't seem to get too much activity, of course, I am coming from the 250 section, so yeah.....

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Good luck on getting the new bike. I'm short and have to lean the bike over a little and balance on one leg, but I wouldn't want to lower it or change anything that might alter how good the bike rides right now.

I absolutely love this bike and I don't think I could trade it for any other bike out there. It's too damn good. I can almost guarantee you will love it too.

·
Registered
75 Posts
hey enemy zero, i noticed you had an 05 zx6 in your sig. i'm planning on buying a versys and selling my 06 but i'm worried that i might be disappointed in the power compared to my 636. i'm planning on doing more longer distance rides. what's your thoughts?

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
hey enemy zero, i noticed you had an 05 zx6 in your sig. i'm planning on buying a versys and selling my 06 but i'm worried that i might be disappointed in the power compared to my 636. i'm planning on doing more longer distance rides. what's your thoughts?
It's much less power than the 6R but I haven't been really disappointed in any way by it. You just have to go into it understanding that the bike is not a supersport. I've done 130 indicated with what felt like some room to go so I know the bike will go no problem.

If you're looking for more power, I'd look into something like the Yamaha FZ6 or something along that line. I personally love my Versys and wouldn't trade it for any bike out there right now. I understand there are things like less power and downgraded suspension bits, but the bike just fits what I want to do with it.

If you're looking to go blinding fast, it's not the bike for you. If you want a commuter that likes to travel and tear up twisties when they come along, this is a great bike. I like it more than my ZX6R just because of all the things I can do with it but if I still wanted to do 160 and trackdays every weekend, the 6R would be the bike for it (if someone hadn't have stolen it :( )

good luck in your choice, hopefully it's not a tough one.

·
Registered
75 Posts
thanks! i can't force myself to buy anything but kawasaki so that rules out just about everything else. i'm getting out of my hauling ass years so hopefully i'll be picking up the green versys in a couple months.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.