Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I sleep well on my decision tonight, I will be pulling the trigger on a 2007 black zx6r tommorow, I went in looking for a leftover 06, and fell in love with the 2007 in the dealer spec book....

Cant wait to preorder!!!

Jonny

·
Registered
242 Posts
That is going to be one sexy bike. I would've gotten that, but I didn't want to wait, and that would have been too expensive for me. Insurance would kill me too, I'm 19 and living in New Jersey.... I don't want to think about it :(. I'm very happy with my zzr though. Very glad I got it.

·
Registered
484 Posts
What is the price difference in insurance between the ZZR and the ZX6 RR or the 636. I'm paying something like 630 per year on my 06 ZZR 600 That full coverage with TVR (total Vaule replacement)

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
The insurance should be any different. Most companies just ask for the cc size and check if its supersport or touring. And in most cases the 07 would be cheaper than the 636 because the cut off for "midsize" is 600cc (thats a major factor in why companies make them 599cc)

Oh and let us know what you get OTD, thats a topic of great discussion lately. I ended up with around $9100 OTD (U.S.) if that gives you any frame of reference. Apparently someone got $8103, but I still think theres a back room blowjob involved there.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$11300 Canadian out the door at the moment,thats about $1000 more than your paying converted. If my dealer goes to $11000 w/solo cowl, I will cut the check tomorow. He is giving me $4300 for my 98 on trade.....so hes not moving very much on the 07 price.

My insurance though statefarm will stay the same, $750 Canadian a year or change to $946/year if I opt for full coverage.

jonny

·
Registered
471 Posts
i use my dad as my insurance holder its like 50 bucks for 6 months.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm pretty sure my insurance(progressive) see's the 636 as a supersport and the zzr as a sport, and there is a price difference there. They consider my 00 zx6r as a sport and its about $200 cheaper a year than if I had the 636( I quoted on an 03 636) I pay 380 a year

·
Registered
242 Posts
God all these insurance prices are so low. I think I'd kill for those prices. The lowest I had found was $1,400 a year for full coverage on my bike.

·
Registered
86 Posts
[quote = Chris8187]God all these insurance prices are so low. I think I'd kill for those prices. The lowest I had found was $1,400 a year for full coverage on my bike.[/quote]

What do you expect? You are 19!

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Yup just wait till you hit the magical age of 25 and are instantly granted mad driving skill via mitosis or whatever it is that insurance companies believe happens at 25.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am 28 and single. I pay $136 per year for full coverage with State Farm b'coz I also have my car insured with them. What is total vehicle cost replacement?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL.....I see this post would have been better suited *what do you pay for insurance....* haa haa

Anyways back on topic, my local suzuki dealer decided to beat my kawi dealer, and I will be purchasing a blue on black 2007 gsxr 600 instead.

$7400 canadian out the door + my 1998 zx6r as trade........then a fat 20-30 day wait on the new gsxr to come in.

Good thing its way to cold here to ride.

Jonny

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My lil gurls, all loaded up and ready for her new home tomorow, I let her go with a bang!!! lol Great bike lots of fun.....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well my new gurl arrived yesterday....stripped off all the warning labels, adjusted for my likings, threw on a smoked screen, removed items of no use to me, and spent some good quality shop time with her, before I put stabilizer in, and pulled the battery out for winter.....I think im in love all over again....too much fun
jonny

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was going to get the zx6r but.....

Originally posted by jonnyriabov
LOL.....I see this post would have been better suited *what do you pay for insurance....* haa haa

Anyways back on topic, my local suzuki dealer decided to beat my kawi dealer, and I will be purchasing a blue on black 2007 gsxr 600 instead.

$7400 canadian out the door + my 1998 zx6r as trade........then a fat 20-30 day wait on the new gsxr to come in.

Good thing its way to cold here to ride.

Jonny

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.