Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty guys and gals, JB pro is now installed on 650r. All it has on it is a Jardine Slip on.

Before the JB, suppose I was going 30 mph in 3rd gear and pulled right back on the throttle; it would sound like it was bogging itself out until you got the RPM up. After, it feels like a CVT transmission in a car, it's THAT smooth.

Throttle response has changed tremendously and I can even tell a difference in how the exhaust sounds. It pulls harder and accelerates quicker as well too.

The guys at the shop that does my maintenance and all for me were all raving about how much easier and expandable the JB pro is compared to a power commander.

Heck, I still haven't flipped through all the maps they've made me yet!

All in all, I couldn't be happier and if you've thought about getting one before, hopefully this can be a deciding factor. You will NOT be disappointed and you WILL feel like it was money well spent in the end.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
Cool, I'm gonna get one!!

Oh wait, carbs....damn.

Glad to hear you're getting your money's worth. You should post up how much it cost and maybe even get a dyno run done and see what the bike is doing.

NOTE: Juice Box is compatable with Mac, Power Commander is not. Just fyi for those wondering the difference between the products.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, I'm gonna get one!!

Oh wait, carbs....damn.

Glad to hear you're getting your money's worth. You should post up how much it cost and maybe even get a dyno run done and see what the bike is doing.

NOTE: Juice Box is compatable with Mac, Power Commander is not. Just fyi for those wondering the difference between the products.
Jet kit??

I tried loading the JB software onto my laptop and it popped up as an exe file, so the guys at the shop just did it on their laptop.

If/when I get a dyno reading, i'll gladly throw it up here.

I have 290 bucks into the JB itself from motorcycle-superstore.com, and of course install varies shop to shop, but I paid 100 bucks for install and to have a few maps made ( a regular @ the shop, they tend to take good care of me ).

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
Jet kit??

I tried loading the JB software onto my laptop and it popped up as an exe file, so the guys at the shop just did it on their laptop.

If/when I get a dyno reading, i'll gladly throw it up here.

I have 290 bucks into the JB itself from motorcycle-superstore.com, and of course install varies shop to shop, but I paid 100 bucks for install and to have a few maps made ( a regular @ the shop, they tend to take good care of me ).
I don't know if I'll bother with a jet kit; my bike runs great as it is and it does exactly what I need it to do. If I want more get-up-and-go later down the road, I'll bump up to a bigger sprocket in the rear.

$290 is cheaper than Power Commanders run. $100 doesn't sound bad I guess for install. I installed my Power Commander on my GSXR 1000 myself and found maps online to use. Never had it dyno tuned though.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow thats nice.. that'a a two bros juicebox right?
Make sure you get the pro model. They said that there would've been very little that they could've done with the regular model. You can only add fuel with it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sounds great. Nice to see a rider doing it correctly - a tune with a new exhaust.

Any change in MPG?
I haven't noticed one quite yet. I couldn't stay off the throttle long enough to find out. :D

Next time I fill up, I will do a MPG test tank and will let you know though!

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
I've used the old juice box which works fine but is very basic.

Haven't tried a Juice Box Pro but off the top of my head I can't think of any features on the Juice Box Pro that aren't also available on the PowerCommander V.

With the PCV you can add an Autotune, a map selection switch, an LCD display and a quick-shifter. Does the Juice Box Pro offer any of these options?

Can you give some examples of features the Juice Box Pro has that the PCV doesn't have?

$100 for an install?! It's plug and play and takes about 20 minutes to install... $100 wouldn't cover the cost of a dyno tune. So how did they make the maps if they didn't use a Dyno? Just wondering what the $100 paid for...

Ride On!

T

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've used the old juice box which works fine but is very basic.

Haven't tried a Juice Box Pro but off the top of my head I can't think of any features on the Juice Box Pro that aren't also available on the PowerCommander V.

With the PCV you can add an Autotune, a map selection switch, an LCD display and a quick-shifter. Does the Juice Box Pro offer any of these options?

Can you give some examples of features the Juice Box Pro has that the PCV doesn't have?

$100 for an install?! It's plug and play and takes about 20 minutes to install... $100 wouldn't cover the cost of a dyno tune. So how did they make the maps if they didn't use a Dyno? Just wondering what the $100 paid for...

Ride On!

T

Tony, I was not bashing Power commander, heck at first they were telling me to get one. They never used JB pro so they didn't know what to expect.

As far as expandability in comparison to PC, I have no clue. I know you were trying to make a point, and you did. Like I said before, was not bashing.

100 Dollars got me install of that, tune w/ a few different maps, and an oil change I didn't feel the need to mention originally.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i think for the JB pro you have get each module itself, like as a stand alone unit, not connecting in with the JB pro at all. PCV may be more expensive but it can have multiple units connected to it to be insane, like it's its own little computer.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Tony, I was not bashing Power commander, heck at first they were telling me to get one. They never used JB pro so they didn't know what to expect.

As far as expandability in comparison to PC, I have no clue. I know you were trying to make a point, and you did. Like I said before, was not bashing.

100 Dollars got me install of that, tune w/ a few different maps, and an oil change I didn't feel the need to mention originally.

I'm not trying to bash you or the Juice Box Pro mate, just trying to determine the pros and cons of each. I'm familiar with the old Juice Box but know little about the newer Juice Box Pro.

Here in Thailand the guy who keeps winning the 650 supernaked races is running a JuiceBox Pro so obviously it works, and like I said, I was happy with the JuiceBox I had on a previous ER6n.

The PCV has more features, inputs and options, but is also more complex to use and more expensive. It's really just a question or what you're looking for.

I have a PCV with Autotune which is an awesome tool, but I don't imagine I'll ever want / need the optional quickshifter, map switch and LCD display.

I'm sure that a Juice Box Pro tuned on a dyno could achieve results similar to a PCV with Autotune. But once you throw in the cost of paying a tuner I think the Juice Box Pro can quickly become a lot more expensive than the PCV with Autotune.

What I particularly like about the PCV with Autotune is that if you change anything on your bike, be it exhaust, air filter, fuel, ignition etc the autotune will help you re-map without requiring a visit to a dyno. That versatility makes it the winner in my book.

Once you get a bike dialed in and the AFR's locked to where you want them you can disconnect the Autotune and share it with your friendd. You could use one autotune to tune a whole bunch of bikes equipped with PCV FI controllers.

Just my two cents- no bashing intended :D

Ride On!

T

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not trying to bash you or the Juice Box Pro mate, just trying to determine the pros and cons of each. I'm familiar with the old Juice Box but know little about the newer Juice Box Pro.

Here in Thailand the guy who keeps winning the 650 supernaked races is running a JuiceBox Pro so obviously it works, and like I said, I was happy with the JuiceBox I had on a previous ER6n.

The PCV has more features, inputs and options, but is also more complex to use and more expensive. It's really just a question or what you're looking for.

I have a PCV with Autotune which is an awesome tool, but I don't imagine I'll ever want / need the optional quickshifter, map switch and LCD display.

I'm sure that a Juice Box Pro tuned on a dyno could achieve results similar to a PCV with Autotune. But once you throw in the cost of paying a tuner I think the Juice Box Pro can quickly become a lot more expensive than the PCV with Autotune.

What I particularly like about the PCV with Autotune is that if you change anything on your bike, be it exhaust, air filter, fuel, ignition etc the autotune will help you re-map without requiring a visit to a dyno. That versatility makes it the winner in my book.

Once you get a bike dialed in and the AFR's locked to where you want them you can disconnect the Autotune and share it with your friendd. You could use one autotune to tune a whole bunch of bikes equipped with PCV FI controllers.

Just my two cents- no bashing intended :D

Ride On!

T
Excellent points here, can't argue with that!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I always thought the autotune thing looked pretty wicked, but that does mean that ever exhaust you put on your bike has to have an O2 sensor hookup on it, right? Honestly though, seems like by the time you're putting a JB or PCV on your bike, you've probably got the vast majority of your changes already made, so I'm not really sure how many dyno runs or tunes you'd have to get done anyways. Still, glad to see it was worth the money. I might have to check that out for my bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is my first post here. I am interested in Juicebox pro and PCV ignition module integrated and together with Autotune as an option. I'm still not sure how the Autotune works with PCV. As per the sentence from Tony above, it seems that Autotune keeps changing an X parameter to get the Require Y parameter on the fly. This is what I have question for what is X and Y for example? I think that the Autotune function like the O2 sensor and feed back to the PCV, this sensor was already there in my stock bike in Thailand. How different are they?

I'm very new on this please help share and educate me. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
This is my first post here. I am interested in Juicebox pro and PCV ignition module integrated and together with Autotune as an option. I'm still not sure how the Autotune works with PCV. As per the sentence from Tony above, it seems that Autotune keeps changing an X parameter to get the Require Y parameter on the fly. This is what I have question for what is X and Y for example? I think that the Autotune function like the O2 sensor and feed back to the PCV, this sensor was already there in my stock bike in Thailand. How different are they?

I'm very new on this please help share and educate me. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum! :D

The Powercommander Autotune and how it works is explained in great detail on the PowerCommander website: Auto Tune Kit, Autotune, Power Commander AutoTune

Ride On!

Tony

·
Registered
4 Posts
It adjust the AFR realtime then?

Thank you Tony, Could you tell me where did you get PCV kit with Autotune in Thailand?
Cost?

Currently, flooding in Bangkok. Hope that you are not in bkk.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
i picked up a minty used PCIII for my bike, install was easy and loading the maps was easy also (laptop helps). and you do notice a big difference in the power delivery

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
It adjust the AFR realtime then?

Thank you Tony, Could you tell me where did you get PCV kit with Autotune in Thailand?
Cost?

Currently, flooding in Bangkok. Hope that you are not in bkk.
Hi!

I am in Bangkok, but fortunately no flooding in my area (yet), but I did go out and drown my bike just for the hell of it :D

I ordered my PCV and Autotune from IndySuperBikes: www.indysuperbike.com

Way way cheaper than Thai retail.

If for some reason you want to buy one retail here in Thailand I think DirtShop has them in stock for the EX650, but be prepared to pay a lot more than if you order from the US.

Ride On!

Tony

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi!

I am in Bangkok, but fortunately no flooding in my area (yet), but I did go out and drown my bike just for the hell of it :D

I ordered my PCV and Autotune from IndySuperBikes: www.indysuperbike.com

Way way cheaper than Thai retail.

If for some reason you want to buy one retail here in Thailand I think DirtShop has them in stock for the EX650, but be prepared to pay a lot more than if you order from the US.

Ride On!

Tony
Yeah, hopefully that your area will be dry forever, and no flood knocking your door. :D

I checked in - Home - Indysuperbikes there is only 17-009 available on the website. I'm now waiting for the answer from them to check the 17-030. The price is incredibly cheap comparing to Thailand. But currently Dirtshop has promotion of PCV 17-009 with the price of 370$. And 400$ for AT200. :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts