Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do I have take the tank off to jumpstart my bike or are there other plugs located in a better spot

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
errrr...... battery is under the seat dude..
if you take the tank off, the bike ain't gonna start anyway [xx(]

·
Registered
579 Posts
Half the battery is under the tank. Is the positive side under the seat? If so try grounding the frame. If that don't work push start your bike. I'd push start my bike first though. But then again I would never have a dead battery.[:p]

·
Registered
190 Posts
get yaself a battery optimiser, i got one, once you put the attachment on ya battery terminals ( permanent fixing ) all you do is plug it in to the cable attached to the optimiser each night, and you never have a flat battery, http://www.optimate3.com/ , Rob

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the negative lead is under the tank and my cables won't fit in between the frame and the tank to get it. Why the hell would they design it this way. And your right, I can't take the tank off or it won't start anyway. AND, I did try to pop it but that didn't work either. I do think it's the battery though, it was hinting at dying for a few days now.

·
Registered
579 Posts
If there is still power in the battery to power the fuel pump then you could try to push start it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Originally posted by Fever
the negative lead is under the tank and my cables won't fit in between the frame and the tank to get it. Why the hell would they design it this way. And your right, I can't take the tank off or it won't start anyway. AND, I did try to pop it but that didn't work either. I do think it's the battery though, it was hinting at dying for a few days now.
umm dude, the negative lead of the battery is ground, the frame is grounded, as in you can put the negative lead anywhere on the metal frame to jump start it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.