Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went by the I hack website and this is what I came up with, yellow/black with wire going to aqua / green.

I used some telephone wire as it is stiff.. worked out pretty good..

pics were made with a sony dsc-h2. I might make a few more with my rebel xsi.. they should turn out good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Definitely not what I used haha, I just bought some jumpers from radioshack... Used a kawi green one to uhh, you know... add some horsepower.

As far as which ones you jumped, looks great man.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how do you reset the ecu? unhook the battery?

I started it up while the seat was off to see what the servo was doing, and honestly it acts a little crazy. I think there is more to when it opens and closes than engine rpms. I have a feeling engine load and fuel mapping may come into play as well.

I'll try to make a video of it and post it up.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Definitely not what I used haha, I just bought some jumpers from radioshack... Used a kawi green one to uhh, you know... add some horsepower.

As far as which ones you jumped, looks great man.
I used the green one at first too, but the yellow one fits purrfectly.

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
You don't have to reset anything. Just do the mod and go ride it! Make sure you got the wires right. Lt grn/ green stripe to Black/ yellow stripe. Diagonal to the Black/ Yellow stripe and you won't go wrong. Same goes for the 07-07 ZX6R's.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Considering I-Hacked says to reset it... I'm gonna follow their lead...

You don't have to reset anything. Just do the mod and go ride it! Make sure you got the wires right. Lt grn/ green stripe to Black/ yellow stripe. Diagonal to the Black/ Yellow stripe and you won't go wrong. Same goes for the 07-07 ZX6R's.

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
I know Kevin (through this and other forums) at I-Hacked and have done this mod on the Dyno with an 06 636 and 07 ZX6R and we never had to reset anything. Immediate gains of 5HP on the 636 and 10HP on the 07 ZX6R. But if you guys want to reset the ECU, there is a correct way to reset it according to the manual and not just by disconnecting the battery. You have to ground the test lead on the frame several times in a few seconds to clear/ reset the ECU. I'll find out the exact info and post it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts