Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up everybody, I’m new to this forum and I have a 2007 ZX6 in red. One of the 1st things that jumped out at me on the forum was the jumper mod for the zx6r. I had no clue it even existed until I joined this forum. I consider myself very mechanically challenged, usually if I need anything done I drive straight to the dealer and ask them to do it for me but in this case I couldn't because it would void my warranty right then and there if they did it. Realizing this was something the dealer could not do for me, I decided to do it on my own. This was my 1st ever "project" on any motorcycle/car/bus/truck lol. So I read all the threads and did my research on this forum and on other forums/websites. It took me 3 days but I finally got it done and it definitely works in opinion! Looking back at the last 3 days and at all the threads and "how to" websites, I see 1 problem. It seems really confusing for someone like me or a "1st timer" because all the information is scattered. You got people asking the same questions over and over again on different threads and the people giving the answers sometimes can't agree on what’s the right/wrong answer. It kind of puts you in the position, "who do I believe?" Some people cant learn from a few pictures and a not so detailed post, and there definitely are not any "how to" videos on the jumper mod anywhere on youtube or any other websites I looked at.

I’ve decided am going to put all of the information anyone would need to do the jumper mod correctly all in 1 place so it would make it easier for the new/next guy who wants to do it. Hopefully everyone can agree that the information is correct/accurate.

So my question to you guys is this, should I write a long ass detailed post with a lot of pictures or make a "How to" video for the jumper mod and post it on youtube or something. I’m leaning towards making a video since there isn’t one on this subject anywhere and plus, I think more people learn better if they can see what they have to do.

What do you guys think? Should I even fuck with this at all or am I just wasting my time? Any input/comments/suggestions are welcome!

Thanks! :D

·
Registered
344 Posts
I think you'll make the video...alot of guys will say great job, and then the post will fall off the front page, then new guys will come in, not know how to use the search feature, and start asking again.

I say go for it though!

·
Powerhungry
38,369 Posts
yeh, i honestly think itd be a waste of ur time.

this is one of, (if not THE) easiest things to do.

AND if you're REALLY not mechanically inclined...theres a member on here selling a jumper mod PLUG.

BUT, its YOUR time, not mine.
as said above, im sure there are those that would/could appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Glad you got it sorted out. But aside from actually getting to the harness where the jumper is done, it is a process that can be summed up in a few sentences, maybe less. :D

I am sure a vid will help some, but it really isn't that complicated. Maybe you were looking for info in the wrong place? Pretty sure the mod has been published by mags (paper and online).

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
You need a vid on how to put a wire into 2 connectors?

·
Registered
224 Posts
im still not 100% sure as to which wires it is, due to people second guessing and contradicting eachother.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts