Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I get how to do the jumper mod.. Now where do I buy the jumper wire to jump it. Where, what type of wire/jumper??

·
Registered
950 Posts
dude don't take this personal, i'm just having a rough day. BUT.....

SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[:****]

·
Registered
937 Posts
No need to search. Just get you a piece of wire. Any small wire, from anything. Cut you a 1.5-2" piece, strip both ends and jump the ports. Green/dark green to black/yellow. Its not rocket science.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok everyone calm down I just asked a question ive looked at all the jumper mod shit and nowhere does it say what type of wire to use.

·
28,939 Posts
Originally posted by 98impreza
Ok everyone calm down I just asked a question ive looked at all the jumper mod shit and nowhere does it say what type of wire to use.
im not blastin you man, but we need something put together on this site for the jumper mod for reasons such as this.

i used solid copper wire from the hardware store, dont remember what gauge though. just buy a few different sizes in 12" lengths, only costs a few dollars.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
The really easy way is call Dan Kyle racing and order a kit with instructions from him...totally easy and professional.

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
45,304 Posts
Okay, I did a search and understand the whole jumper mod but I think you need to take the seat off to get to it?? Is this correct? How do I get the seat off?? The dealer said I should bring it in so they can take off the seat but it would be an hour's worth of labor.

BWAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA :D:D:D:D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WOW taking off your seat is a little different than knowing what type of wire to use to do the jumper mod. taking off your seat requires you to look at the owners manual. I dont think the owners manual tells you what gauge/type of wire to use to jump it.. RETARD.. god cant any guy around here ask questions anymore with out getin ripped on. and the thing is I SEARCHED before I asked....

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
If you arent getting any help, take the advice i gave you, order a wire kit from dan kyle for a couple bucs and get instructions(colored ones at that.
The seat is just a matter of taking the side covers off and then the seat has 2 bolts holding it on. just simple allen/hex head stuff that the tool kit has the tools for.
pretty simple procedurereally,sorry would do slide show for you but i am away from my bike for another 73 days.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
omg I know how to freakin take the seat off!!! lets end this thread I got all the info I needed thanks to all that helped

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.