Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know how to do it, but does it work with the '01 zx6r?

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
The jumper mod I am aware of refers to the valve in the muffler of the 05+ 636 that closes at 13K rpm. Installing the jumper tells the ecu that it is a UK bike and leaves the valve open all the way to redline.

Is there something I'm missing?

·
Powerhungry
38,146 Posts
The jumper mod I am aware of refers to the valve in the muffler of the 05+ 636 that closes at 13K rpm. Installing the jumper tells the ecu that it is a UK bike and leaves the valve open all the way to redline.

Is there something I'm missing?
the valve is uneffected by the jumper mod. since the jumper mod still shows an increase even with an aftermarket pipe. in which case, the valve is eliminated.

the thought is, it has to do with timing, possible a base fuel curve?? in all honesty i dont KNOW what it does. but i know the valve isnt affected.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
it does every thing u said and the valve u dont notice it on a aftermarket exhaust cause if already flows better.

the valve in theory helps with lowend and emmison.

·
Powerhungry
38,146 Posts
it does every thing u said and the valve u dont notice it on a aftermarket exhaust cause if already flows better.

the valve in theory helps with lowend and emmison.
well, the theory of low end is no longer a theory. it(valve) does NOT help, in fact it hurts it.

ive got back to back dynos that prove this....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts