Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Jumper Mod

6K views 39 replies 14 participants last post by  ddk732 
#1 ·
Anyone have any info on the Jumper Mod for the 09 ZX6r? Is it the same as the 08?

#5 ·
the euro cars and bikes will always have a little more power then what we get it so happens that kawi makes it easier for us to tap into it the rest of the auto and bikes you have to change the ecu even it is 1hp different from the euro to the us

thay started that with the 03 model i think

#6 ·
Yeah, I know what the jumper mod is. I pulled the Sport Rider article and they don't mention it. Are you sure that is where you read it?

I have this month's issue of Cycle World sitting in front of me and it specifically says there is no more difference in the power of US and Euro bikes. Yeah, there have been mistakes in mags before...

#7 ·
i don't remember the mag but it was in one of them thay said that the jumper mod will work but wont be very helpful this time because the difference between the us and euro bikes are so close this time because the rescrectins were hurting kawi 600 sales in the us for the 07-08 years in the test rides reviews

#10 ·
Are you talking about the MCN review of the 09 that mentions it but is talking about to 08? That review says they are still looking for it on the 09 and would post when they have it. im thinking its not even worth it to do... you will pick up 2 hp but its high end HP, like 14-16 RPM. Unless your on a track all the time you dont really need that.. A PC3 and good exhaust will probably get me what im looking for on the low to mid ranges.. What do you guys think?

#11 ·
Wondering if anyone else has heard anything else about it?

We do in fact have the same plug as the 07-08 models with the same black/yellow green/dark green wires coming off of it. Wouldnt take more than 15 minutes, even if it is only 2 HP (Which is what I heard the difference was from the US and Euro models). 2 HP is still almost a 2% increase. Not bad for free and only takes 15 minutes. Its literally only 4 4mm hex bolts and you can access it under the front seat.

Here's the pics off of my 09 of where the plugs are:

-Cody

#12 ·
Until further notice, I wouldn't fuck with anything in there. This thread was full of uncertain bullshit.

Take it from me, I can promise you with 100% certainty that one of the biggest mags has already reported no difference in output.

Until someone else can verify where the information is coming from saying there is a 2 hp difference, I'd sit tight.

I myself just searched since you bumped this thread back and I can't find anything. If I do, I'll let everyone know, and I'm sure everyone else will do the same if they hear of anything.

#15 ·
The 2 HP difference I mention came off this article:
http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/kawasaki/2009-kawasaki-zx6r-review-87541.html

In the little picture called 'Hidden Horsepower,' at the bottom of the graph, it says this "For 2009, U.S.-spec ZXs again have this exhaust-restriction ECU programming, but this time we're told there are only 2 hp missing from the free-revving Euro model. Kawi claims an 8-hp boost in power with this new model, which should translate into about 104 rear-wheel horses at the top end, competitive with its rivals. Now, if we could again find the right wires to cross, we might find a new class leader..."
-Cody

#20 ·
Thats what im waiting on:p

Hopefully the 09 shootout for motorcycle.com will say something about it.
-Cody

#22 ·
Why doesn't someone just get the workshop manual and look into the Indonesia bikes and see if they have the plug. Once confirmed determine which wires and jump them.

#25 ·
I dont think anyone would notice without a dyno.

What bikes would the jumper mod not have to be done on? Would bikes in England have it done already? Anyone know of any europe kawi forums that we could have someone confirm this?

For those of us with the PC V, auto tune, and full exhaust, 2 HP could be the difference in breaking the ever elusive 120HP mark!
-Cody

#26 ·
add a $30 head gasket and you should be there!! if not u will be with re-degreeing the cams

#31 ·
LMAO, that picture would explain the first person very well.

So are there any takers? lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.