Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright right I seen it done a lot how do we hop off our bike to the side and move to the rear handle grabs and skid our boots on the pavement and where can I get those boots how is it done, Safelly well i know all stunts are dangerous but you know what I mean.[8D]Thanks

·
Registered
315 Posts
i did it a few times on my old bike (fzr 600). its pretty easy and looks cool. i wasnt the safest rider back then so i just used some dress shoes, you know, with the slick bottoms. i did it once with old tennis shoes too. get going to about 60 or 70 (youll need the speed as this takes a few moments and youll lose speed rapidly) then just put you hands on the tank and scoot your ass on the pass. seat. put both hands on the front of the pass. seat and lift your ass up and slowly go further back till your feet are draging. then put all your weight on your feet and hold on to the pass. handles. you can let go but dont do it too long!! oh yeah, make sure you are on the smoothest asphalt around, hit a pot hole with your foot and your fucked[xx(]. reverse to get back on. try to keep your body weight even as you get back in the saddle. i have seen, on xxxtreme, soem guys doing jumps from side to side but never moving toward the rear of the bike. thats alittle too much

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
[:0]You mean you go 60 or 70, let go of the bars and actually move to the back seat, jump off the back seat while holding onto the passenger rails, skid your feet down the road behind the bike like simulating the thing that most people do on WATER called water skiing?!! Oh, and do all this in time to jump back on your bike without knocking it over before the bike knocks itself over from loss of acceleration?

OK!...well, besides the fact that it is totally pointless and absolutely rediculous, it sounds kind of dangerous to me. LOL

ummm...I suppose if you are crazy enough to even consider this, that you make sure that it is one VERY straight road, you use one shitty old bike, and have one outstanding health insurance policy. Oh, and make sure you don't accidentally squat down a little too far and get your junk jammed between the moving tire and the hugger. Yeah, it would only be tire burn at first...until you crash.;)

Maybe it's just me, but the risks far outweigh the thrills in this one.[B)] lol

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Originally posted by speedvlaze

[:0]You mean you go 60 or 70, let go of the bars and actually move to the back seat, jump off the back seat while holding onto the passenger rails, skid your feet down the road behind the bike like simulating the thing that most people do on WATER called water skiing?!! Oh, and do all this in time to jump back on your bike without knocking it over before the bike knocks itself over from loss of acceleration?

OK!...well, besides the fact that it is totally pointless and absolutely rediculous, it sounds kind of dangerous to me. LOL

ummm...I suppose if you are crazy enough to even consider this, that you make sure that it is one VERY straight road, you use one shitty old bike, and have one outstanding health insurance policy. Oh, and make sure you don't accidentally squat down a little too far and get your junk jammed between the moving tire and the hugger. Yeah, it would only be tire burn at first...until you crash.;)

Maybe it's just me, but the risks far outweigh the thrills in this one.[B)] lol
What? Someone with common sense ???? Can't be.... pffft...

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Don't do it man, just watch someone else that's silly enough to tempt fate. That's a recipe for a write-off or worse. Consider this, can yopu afford to rebuild the bike, or take the higher insurance hike (I can tell you're a young'in just from askin this, so it won't be cheap). The list goes on an on. The cons far outweigh the pros.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have to agree, even just dropping your ride at 5 mph can cost you thousands of dollars replacing fairings and pipes, don't even want to think about 70 mph, let alone the personal health risks

2002 zx-6r
green, of course

·
Registered
315 Posts
you know, after telling you all that, i do have to agree with the guys. that was then and this is now. i would never do that shit anymore. but if ask me whi9ch one is easier to do, id probably say that given the right road surfaces and conditions, skiing isnt as dangerous as doing a wheelie. i found it took less skill to ski. but, either way stunting is naturally dangerous and if you go down at 20 mph without the gear your gonna be chompin painkillers and layin in bed. when your 22 (or thereabouts) you think you cant die. if there was a law that said you couldnt ride a crotch rocket until you were 30, there wouldnt be a "stunters corner" and no more cheap bike parts. later

·
Registered
501 Posts
Well I dont know about the being 30 part. If it wasnt for the $300 fine minimun for doing stunts, I would pop the front all the time. [^]

Let Saddam come and play!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I'm a member of the fire department and I just scraped a kid off the road he. was standing on the seat and hit a pothole. he hit the pavement doing 60[xx(] ( like superman arms out foward ) he was so fucked up we had to fly him out by chopper[xx(]. that why I try not to do anything. but don't get me wrong. I will do a wheelie or endos . but nothing that risky.

"ON ONE WHEEL" [:p]

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Pretty sobering isn't it 41?

Fun to watch the videos, but that's my limit too. In a similar line of work as you, and yeah I've seen a fair shair of people being scraped off the road as you put it, including this summer I saw a guy who we believe was pulling a wheelie (again in a residential neighborhood - which as I've said is my PET PEEVE) and couldn't set the wheel down in time to stop for a bus that pulled out in front of him. He ended up wrapped around an axle, and his bike was a complete write off. It was a slightly older CBR600, and I know some of you are saying it's the BUS driver's fault for pulling out when he didn't have room... here's my answer... (1) in order to wheelie you are almost always WAY over the speed limit in town, and people aren't expecting people to be coming that fast, especially when the headlight is straight up into the air, and (2) regardless of how good a wheelie-er you may be, you AIN'T in full control of the bike with one wheel in the air (you can't TURN or use the front brake)... at least like you need to be under city driving conditions with all the potential dangers. (like busses pulling out in front of you)...

That's all I say is that there's great places to yank the front wheel, do the endos/stoppies, etc, but IT AIN'T ON RESIDENTIAL CITY STREETS...
just find a safer place to go too nutty is my advice...

Oh, by the way, the guy lived... although he didn't look too good for a while there...

·
Registered
315 Posts
i was watching one of those er shows on the learning channel a while back and this black dude did almost the same thing as your talking about, dj. instead of a bus it was a car. he hit it going 80 he says. it was the saddest thing ive ever seen. his parents were crying and he couldnt even talk. he turned into kind of a vegitable. he had to learn how to talk and walk again. just do the shit were there isnt any crossroads ahead of you.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Like the first member who replied had stated as a disclaimer, He was a little crazier back then....and using your Bally kicks or $300 cole haan's for stunts u had to be on crack. But heed his first statement....when he was CRAZY....dont do this trick brah "it aint worth your ass" let alone the only two feet God has given you and whatever else u jack up in the process. Besides, you lose your left foot, how u gonna shift on the way home....(just messin)

"Ride Safe but embrace the speed." -Ninja 6R

·
Registered
126 Posts
Dunzie can't some people bring it up and hold it like from barely rolling speeds? I could see how going 45 mph through a neighborhood on the back wheel could be dangerous though... I have hard enough time controlling the bike with both wheels on the ground. [8D]

Phil
1998 Kawasaki ZX6R Ninja
Let the good times roll!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Yeah I'm sure you're right, guys like BTBPimp could probably do wheelies barely rolling, but in reality most don't, and it doesn't get around the fact that you can't steer until you land the thing. I just think there's a place for tricks, and wheelies are GREAT - I just wouldn't wanna see some guys wheelying down my small street while my kids are out playing in the front yard is all... and truth be known I have done some wheelies in residential neighborhoods too, I just think I've learned a lesson or two... like not getting stopped in time for a stop sign and skidding right out into four lanes of traffic (thankfully nobody coming at the time or I would have BIT it...)

Now I only do it outside the residential areas... but I'm gonna quit preaching now...

·
Registered
695 Posts
What about 12 o'clock wheelies going about 3 mph? If I saw someone doing a 12 o'clock wheelie in my neighborhood....I'd by like.."cool"...but definately not high speed wheelies...that's for sure.

I'm going to quit criticizing people for doing crazy tricks. I will admit I do very much admire people who can do crazy ass stunts. I have even been trying to wheelie as of late and my stoppies are really getting good, but I do these stunts knowing that if I keep doing them eventually I'm going to go down and I guess I'm okay with that. So for all that do crazy stunts all the time...that's cool..and the only opinion I would press upon you, is just make sure you don't hurt anyone else when you are doing these stunts. Make it to where if you do go down going like 80..the only thing you're going to hit is a telephone pole or a curb...not a person or a car.

Have fun and keep stunting...its really cool to watch!

02 ZX6R (Yellow)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Dont you think you should have a stearing stabalizer on your bike and also the manual cruze cotrol might make it far less dangerous!

With great freedom, comes great responsibility.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.