42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry for the quality took with a camera phone
nightrider6r has attached this file: jump1.jpg
nightrider6r has attached this file: jump2.jpg

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Just wondering, have you ever had a tankslapper? Keep doing that and you will see what I mean.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
No offense, but that's nothin. These guys that live by me used to jump the train track all the time, and I am not kidding when I say they were at least five feet in the air and doing about 65 or 70 mph. Probably beat the piss outta the bike, but it was something else altogether to watch.

·
Registered
493 Posts
holy shit. dont do that with the blue bike, they are the best!:D ya seriously watch the fork seals they wont last too long if you do that at all often;)

·
Registered
215 Posts
IMHO jumping a bike that high can't be much worse (if any) than going out practicing wheelies or stoppies.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Originally posted by NinjaRider
No offense, but that's nothin. These guys that live by me used to jump the train track all the time, and I am not kidding when I say they were at least five feet in the air and doing about 65 or 70 mph. Probably beat the piss outta the bike, but it was something else altogether to watch.
I agree. I don't think he's jumping high enough to fuck anything up, and I've also seen people jump a lot higher, also over railroad tracks. I've never had enough ballz to try to jump my bike. The first time I saw these guys jump the track, I was like "oh fuck, they're going down." I thought they did it on accident at first, but every time I ride with them, and we go on the road where the tracks are, they jump it. Crazy assholes.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I used to jump my quad higher then they were going, but I was probably only doing 30mph at most, not 65-70. I tried it a few times on my old 02, and one time I almost went over the handlebars. After that I swore off trying to jump and made sure at least one wheel was always on the ground

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I do railroad tracks. I just like the sound of the bike when I'm up in the air.
I don't get that high, probably 1ft high but it's fun. I think it's stupid to do but I still do it. What else is new?

Anyway, looks cool man. Just remember, it's a sport bike. Not a dirt bike. Get the front wheel up in the air and start passing cars :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this jump doesn t is more vert so im only going about 25mph and that is about 3 feet of hight I benn jumping for a year and still havent hurt the bike yea I did the rail road track thing but by me there arent any good ones I will get better pics of more jumps and hopefuly a vid soon

·
Registered
80 Posts
yeah not my cup of adrenalin...but it looks cool..of course so does looping and tank slappers..but they aren't very fun to do..lol

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Those jumps are fine, you might bugger up your steering head bearings after a while, but that's going to happen anyway isn't it?:D
I used to do a lot of jumps over railway lines and bridges, anything I could really, at any speed up to 120kmh (about 70mph)and never had any "moments". They do look good though.:)

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
They usually aren't big jumps with roadbikes, nothing like the size you can get with dirtbikes. Maybe 20 or 30 feet long and about 2 or 3 feet high, depending on speed and the size of the ramp.

Table top bridges and hills are the best, you just ride up them and suddenly the road falls away from beneath you. Tabletop type speed bumps work well too. Anything works well really, what you have to look for is a crest, no matter how big or small, and then ride over it fast enough. If I was learning though, I'd start on something smallish with a sharp crest. That way you can get an idea of what it does at a fairly slow speed, like 25-30 mph.

Some stunt guys are getting carried away now though...[:0]
http://www.crazydanproductions.com/grantstreetfmxstuntwars.mpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.