Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the er6n swing arm bolt out last night with the aid of a friend, compression stabiliser (release agent), brass drift , 4 pound hammer and a bucket full of choice words. It was rusted into the spacer tube. I've realised tonight after cleaning everything up that the versus swing arm outer roller bearing had collapsed, the bottom shock mounting bolt is longer for the versus and I have to make spacers for the rearsets to prevent the bolt linking the rear brake lever to the master cylinder rubbing against the swing arm. Are the seals & bearings etc the same as for the er6n swing arm ? Anyone here have the sizes for aftermarket replacements or genuine part nos. Also got the zx10 front end in and busy fitting zx6r race fairing and seat. I will change the front brake to a brembo one as the feed from the remote reservoir is from the side giving better clearance. The racing is on hold at present with this Corona thing.
forks.JPG
swing arm 1.JPG
swing arm 2.JPG
fairing 2.JPG
fairing 1.jpg

·
Registered
172 Posts
From my research, some rear sets interfere with the swingarm. Most that have a two piece bracket arrangement seem not to because they space out the thickness of the bracket( the one that mounts to the frame and then the rearset mounts to the bracket.) The only single piece ones that i know for sureAre the Valter moto’s

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much for the info & link AusEr6guy bookmarked ! Did mock up today will turn up some aluminium spacer washer tomorrow.

·
Registered
172 Posts
LOoking more closely at your picture; it seems that the master cylinder is mounted using spacers. Is that the case ? You might be able to take those out and shorten the brake lever bolt to give you clearance...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts