Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just thought I would introduce myself. I've been lurking the forums for a while now, and don't even have a bike yet. I put a deposit on an '08 250R about two weeks ago. The local dealership has two more on the way, hopefully it won't be one of the orders that is canceled. They have a blue one and a red one coming in, and the other guy ahead of me on the waiting list doesn't care which one he gets, he just wants the first one that comes in. So it looks like I'll be getting his left overs (i'm not that picky).

I'm totally new to the riding scene and can't wait to get started. I've been poking around this forum and many other riding sites, doing my homework and reading up on gear, and where to take local MSF courses. I've been looking for a way to save some cash, and with gas prices the way they are here in CA the payments on this bike are going to be less than what I spend in gas right now :D I've also wanted to start riding for a couple years now, so I figured now is as good a time as any.

and if anyone is wondering about the screen name . . I'm really into VWs. I own two of them at the moment, but my main car is a limmited eddition 1996 Golf called a Harlequin. They only made 264 of these cars from the factory with 4 different color patterns. more info, if you're interested, can be found at www.rossvw.com

and here are a few pictures, take it easy
this is in roadtrip mode.

all cleaned up at california speedway . .

and how it currently sits . . rebuilding the motor, and will be selling my other VW to fund this lil project. The bike will soon be the new daily driver :D:eek:

oh yeah, and my name is Mike

·
Registered
78 Posts
hey bro, just saying what's up, i've been like u, lurking around these forums for a long time but only joined recently since i finally decided to get my license and a bike. u'r being smart by going ahead and looking for a bike b4 u even got ur license. i didn't so now i have a license and am waiting on my bike. my dealer is suppose to get a few in also (hopefully this week), and he said mine weren't included in those that were cancelled, hope the same to u. take it easy and be sure to post once u get it.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Hi Mike. :Hello: Welcome to KF.

Wow. That's a wild-looking car. Never saw one of those VWs before.
I wonder if the guy who came up with the color scheme got a bonus or was fired the next day. :p

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Welcome.

Hope you get your bike soon. At least it will match your car. Well somewhere it will match. Is that you in the first pic coming out of the shitter? I think there is some toilet paper on your shoe.

I think the "f" fell of your sign on the back window. Cali for bust!

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts
Welcome....

My son made your car out of legos the other day....I thought he was retarded/colorblind, thank you for giving me hope.

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
wow the bong is on FIRE in the 250 forum tonight :D
:rolleyes:
... Yes there is a pun hidden in there!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Mike. :Hello: Welcome to KF.

Wow. That's a wild-looking car. Never saw one of those VWs before.
I wonder if the guy who came up with the color scheme got a bonus or was fired the next day. :p
From what I have found out about these cars, they were used as transport cars for the 1996 olympics. My car was bought from a dealer in Atlanta, GA with about 1200 miles on it. as far as the designer, I think VW got ahold of some really good weed that year.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Hello! I too love VWs (2003 Golf). Welcome to the forums. Sadly, these forums are beginning to remind me too much of the 'tex.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I say you should take your 5 harlequins and rearrange them like rubiks cube and make 5 normal cars.... :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello! I too love VWs (2003 Golf). Welcome to the forums. Sadly, these forums are beginning to remind me too much of the 'tex.
haha, the mk4 forum over there is a mess anyway. some good people on that site, but there are a lot of idiots to ignore these days :D

and mr.duck . . it would only take 4 cars to do that ;) but my car is way more fun like this, some people on here say they get a lot of looks on their nice new bike . . you should see the looks I get in the car :eek: the entertainment value alone is priceless :p

·
Registered
560 Posts
and mr.duck . . it would only take 4 cars to do that ;) but my car is way more fun like this, some people on here say they get a lot of looks on their nice new bike . . you should see the looks I get in the car :eek: the entertainment value alone is priceless :p

Ooops, yeah 4, then keep the 5th one for parts, lol.

I too have been a VW enthusiast for most of my life. I am a bit prejudiced though, I favor the air-cooled models of yesteryear.

My attic over my garage is full of parts that I have been collecting for the last 15 years to rebuild/customize an appropriate Type-1 bug. I've got everything, from complete rubber seals for the whole car, to 4 wheel disc brake kits, dropped spindles, power window regulators, a complete velour interior, a custom wiring kit, the works!

Now damnit if I can only find a car that doesn't have so many LARGE holes in it!!!
:mad:

Some years ago, I saw a harlequin Jetta for sale, brand new, at a dealership. I never saw another, or another one even in a photo. It sat there forever, not entirely popular I imagine, lol. Certainly points for being unique and trendy though!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts