Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was about to buy a Ducati Monster 900 2001 with 24k miles for $4k. Is that a good deal? I know that 4K for a 900cc is a steal but damn the 24k miles really makes me think. Anyways, the bikes gone the owner sold it already but I was just thinking cuz this whole time I was thinking to myself "should I have bought the bike?" I mean it did have a lot of mods on it like Power commander, exhaust, and other.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I'd say no, and I'm a huge ducati fan.
You have an 05 6r? So instead you'd get an older bike with more miles, that costs more to maintain. But it would be a Ducati... but idk if I would buy one with that many miles.

Don't get me wrong, I think its an awesome bike, but I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe it was that cheap cuz it needed some exp work.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh imma still have my 05 zx6r =), im gonna keep this bike until is breaks down on me. Once I heard all the Ducatis at the track with the dry clutchs I fell in love with them. I like the twin engines too. Let me clear something up. Are Ducatis L or V twin engines?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Let me clear something up. Are Ducatis L or V twin engines?
Ducs have a 90 degree V.... which they call the L-twin cuz they lay the cylinders out like an L.

Oh imma still have my 05 zx6r =), im gonna keep this bike until is breaks down on me. Once I heard all the Ducatis at the track with the dry clutchs I fell in love with them. I like the twin engines too.
In that case, go for it next time you see one you want. I know what you mean, they sound awesome. I looked at 2 used ones at a dealer before I bought my bike, and I would have loved to get one. But I thought better of it being that this is my first bike.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There a lot of monsters for sale but most about 5k and not a lot of them are in Socal.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I absolutely love the S4R. That bike and the Brutale are friggin' sweet.

--David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.