Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost time for new tires, wanted to get some input from everyone on here, this will be my first time replacing the tires so didnt know if i should just stick with the factory ones or go to something different. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Pirelli Diablo Corsa IIIs. A racing buddy of mine swears by them. They're an awesome street tire. He uses them on the track. I tried a set out on my old bike and loved them. I was so bummed when the new bike didn't have them stock.

The ZX10 and all new Yamaha's come with them stock now. It's a great Dual Comp tire. Warms up quick but doesn't get slick in high temps. I just got a set for a buddy. I'll let you know what he thinks of them when they get here.

We're not pros by any means but we do puts lots of miles on our bikes. For an all around street tire you won't be disappointed. I'm getting them as soon as these Battlaxe things are done.

Habs

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
zx10's don't come with DCIII's, they come with bt16r's. Do a search on here and you'll find dozens of threads. Just remember track/=street. They have different operating temperatures.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
zx10's don't come with DCIII's, they come with bt16r's. Do a search on here and you'll find dozens of threads. Just remember track/=street. They have different operating temperatures.
Well maybe in Canada they do. Three dealerships I've been to and all the 10s had them fitted as OEM tires.

Habs

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
if your not going to do many track days i would recommend the pirelli diablo rosso. im on my second set now. first set got about 8k out of them

·
Registered
387 Posts
Almost time for new tires, wanted to get some input from everyone on here, this will be my first time replacing the tires so didnt know if i should just stick with the factory ones or go to something different. Let me know what you think.
How many miles did you get on the stock 015's ?
What type of riding do you do ?

That will determine the best tire options for you.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
i don't know of any bikes coming w/ corsa III's stock, i know the ducati's come w/ supercorsa's stock, i have seen some coming w/ the pirelli diablo corsa's stock but NOT the corsa III's. i would say the metzler m3's if your looking for mileage

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
i don't know of any bikes coming w/ corsa III's stock, i know the ducati's come w/ supercorsa's stock, i have seen some coming w/ the pirelli diablo corsa's stock but NOT the corsa III's. i would say the metzler m3's if your looking for mileage
:plusone: m3's are my personal fav.
michelin pilot powers. best street tire. period
Pilot Powers were the best like 7 years ago when they came out. There have been a number of advances since then. Plus the profile is too triangular for my taste, and they don't great feedback. M3's have awesome feedback.

·
Registered
706 Posts
try M3's i love them!! But i guess bridgestone has a new dual comp sport touring tire out my buddy has them and they are pretty awesome. As soft as my metzler on the sides and harder in the center. He's getting wicked mileage with them.

·
Registered
269 Posts
modern sport touring tires grip as well as sport tires for regular use and last longer

google reviews for dunlop roadsmart...that is what i have for the last 700 miles

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
Ask a rider get a different answer. It all depends on how you ride ( commute /twisties/track ) , where you are going to ride (wet weather/ temperatures ) and financial issues ( money no issue - life expectancy etc). With all those considerations there are many different answers.

Reactions: shadows090

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Ask a rider get a different answer. It all depends on how you ride ( commute /twisties/track ) , where you are going to ride (wet weather/ temperatures ) and financial issues ( money no issue - life expectancy etc). With all those considerations there are many different answers.
good answer, rep

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
If you do like the battleaxe, remember that the aftermarket BT016s are multi compound, and IMO, a really good tire if you are doing some canyon carving or trackdays. Unlike the stock 016s.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
If you do like the battleaxe, remember that the aftermarket BT016s are multi compound, and IMO, a really good tire if you are doing some canyon carving or trackdays. Unlike the stock 016s.
Huh?

Habs

·
Registered
183 Posts
M3's FTMFW! If you do a lot of daily street riding, I would recommend these tires to anyone. The stock bt015's were OK and the Diablo Rosso are pretty decent as well. I rode my brothers CBR600rr for the past month and put over 2000k miles easy on them and they look like new and they warm up quick compared to the Diablo Rosso's I have on my bike now. I suggest the m3's all the way thrugh mangz. You won't be dissappointed at all. It's the best bang for your buck.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts