Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm legally parked today in parking spot today with another bike and I come outside and a cop is pulled up infront of my bike while my girlfriend is in the back messing with my license plate.

I walk over and the cop tells me that my license plate is illegal and that its only like that because its a proven fact that all motorcyclist run from the cops and do wheelies. First off, he is parked infront of my bike and can't even see my plate, that is why he asked my gf to read it to him. Second off he didn't even see my brake lights or the extent of what my back end looked like.

I tell this know it all prick prick that I am a responsible rider who doesn't do wheelies and never runs from the cops. I tell him that I have been to Tenn. NC,Va, Conn, Pennsylvania, NJ, and upstate New York all the time. I should've added in that I have never gotten a moving violation ticket and that I have put 16k miles on my bike since March....and over 30k miles on motorcycles since March 05.

I was arguing with him telling him that i have stock tail and brake lights, and that I already got a ticket for my plate and I got out of it because I fixed it. The cop who gave me the first ticket told me it had to be towards the rear of the bike and horizontal, which this plate now is. I got the charges dropped in a second when I had my meeting at court... However, this cop didn't even get out of the car to look at my brake lights, even after I invited him to, but he just told me that the whole tail end of my bike is illegal... the only thing illegal is the fact that I dont have a white light over my plate, which i admitted to. This cop was a prick.... if they let assholes like this pass the police exam I am definitely going to give it a shot ASAP!

I should have said "Hey, how many spanish guys in tinted window, fart pipe honda civics have you pulled over that didn't have an entire trunk full of crack cocaine"?

What a stereotypical a$$hole of a cop this was!

I also should've mentioned that I have an uncle who is a suffolk county narcotics detective, and I should've brought to his attention that police vehicles kill more civilians than polic weapons, and that that bikes are much less likely to cause injury to anyone but the rider than a 3500 lb crown victoria.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
some good, some bad...it's the spread of humanity....just hope that guys doesn't see you on a spirited ride

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He actually didn't give me a ticket, but I just don't like the fact that he was stereotyping me and telling me that "this is how you ride, and THIs is why you dont have a light on your plate" He knows nothing about me... I dont do drugs, never got a ticket for anything other than my license plate, and I've never even been into a violent fight after the age of 13. The guy just a wanker and I argued with him a bit, but im still not done venting because I thought of 90% of the stuff I should've said as soon as he left. I told him I have a polished frame, custom wheels and that the bike is in mint condition and I dont support the guys who do wheelies and I'm sure as hell not one of them. Before and after bothering me he was pulling over other people in this parking lot, I guess he was just assigned to pubic safety/rent a cop nonsense today.

·
Registered
392 Posts
get use to being stereotyped. it happens to me all the time. I cant go into a toystore w/o people thinking i'm going to steal a bunch of barbie dolls or something. Last october i got hit by a car on my bike, and the cop was suprised i had a license and insurance.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Sorry to hear about your experience, but arguing won't get you anywhere bro.. I understand the desire to argue and prove a point, but you're just allowing him to target you as a punk in the future and maybe he'll try to find anything and everything to write you for next time.. you know?

·
Premium Member
11,912 Posts
You truly have a magnet for cops, given your special love affair with them. I wonder how much of all these cop stories that we here from you are brought by your own attitude and disposition towards cops. It just seems that everytime you say something about a cop it's derrogatory, where you molested by a cop??? Now don't get me wrong, I'm not total defender of cops, imo there are good cops and there are bad ones, it just strikes me as odd that you seem to only encounter the bad ones...

Maybe that cop "should be lined up and shot in the head execution style after they've they've taken some hot razors to the penis."

·
Registered
399 Posts
there seems to be a lot of cop hate posts lately. it really is aggrevating when the people who are givin a job to serve and protect come along and screw with someone like he did to you and totally add to the shitty rep these dicks currently have. the fuzz was outta line....wudda jerk.

oh yeaa, i dig yer sarcasim i was crackin up.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by iroman
You truly have a magnet for cops, given your special love affair with them. I wonder how much of all these cop stories that we here from you are brought by your own attitude and disposition towards cops. It just seems that everytime you say something about a cop it's derrogatory, where you molested by a cop??? Now don't get me wrong, I'm not total defender of cops, imo there are good cops and there are bad ones, it just strikes me as odd that you seem to only encounter the bad ones...

Maybe that cop "should be lined up and shot in the head execution style after they've they've taken some hot razors to the penis."

I just don't appreciate cops that abuse their power by picking on all the miniscule rules they can dig out of the book. Guaranteed while he was in a parking lot harassing my gf over my bike which was parked... somewhere within my town there was some domestic violence, prostitution, or drug raid or other acts of violence going on.

That quote which you dug up, wasn't actually about a cop that I ran into, it was about me responding to someone else who felt that they had to deal with a cop on an ego trip in another state. I have ran into good cops... they have let me off with a break, told me it was a nice day for riding, and one of them I actually bullshitted with for 40 minutes at the foot of my driveway while talking about how I would like to be a cop and how it is an interesting an fulfilling job. He just wanted to make a point that I had my permit and suggested that I get my license for my own saftey and convenience.

I don't hate all cops at all, I am considering being one. It's just that the majority of them that I run into seem like they have such lack of social life that they must bust my nuts or stereotype me for doing nothing wrong when there is plenty of wrong doing going on around me to occupy their time. They can start with all these soccer moms in the escalades and denalis yapping away on their cell phones while trying to make a statement about their economic situation by driving a vehicle that has no use on our flat grid system island....

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Myself getting my first ticket ever for a vertical swingarm license plate was brought on by my own attitude?

This guy today bothering my gf while I was in a store was brought on by my own attitude? I think that if I actually had an attidue with cops I would have gotten a ticket within my five years of driving.... I'm polite and quick to answer any questions when pulled over [:p]

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by ZeRo_C0oL
Sorry to hear about your experience, but arguing won't get you anywhere bro.. I understand the desire to argue and prove a point, but you're just allowing him to target you as a punk in the future and maybe he'll try to find anything and everything to write you for next time.. you know?

Honestly, I'd be happier knowing that I got to prove my point that he is wrong for stereotyping me becuase of the vehicle I choose to ride, even if he happens to write a me license plate ticket (which i will fix and get eliminated in court by the way). I'd rather have it that way. I have a clean record, I can always add a little white light above my plate and go to court and claim the innocent story while bringing some pictures of the correction and get it dropped. I just told him that is the tail lights my bike came with, and I already got that ticket you speak of and I had it dropped within a matter of seconds in court, and he basically had nothing much left to say and drove away to go harass some 70 year old man over parking in a fire zone at the post office.... it was a joke. Watching this cop fly across the parking lot was like being in junior high and watching the bully make his run from table to table....

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
without cops the world would be ALOT worse but ofcourse there are some bad ones!
you cant stop an asshole having whatever job.
there are prickish waiters, petrol pump guys, air pilots, barmen, doctors etc but there are good ones also.
prime example BIKERS
i mean all these muppets on GSXR's give motorcyclists bad names but you still plead that we are all good but yet to the common eye ALL BIKERS are the same. my dad dont know the diff types of bikes nor people that ride them.
JUST ACCEPT IT
I LEARNT A LONG TIME AGO YOU CANNOT FIGHT THE SYSTEM JUST LET IT GO OR FIX IT FROM THE INSIDE.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
"I LEARNT A LONG TIME AGO YOU CANNOT FIGHT THE SYSTEM JUST LET IT GO OR FIX IT FROM THE INSIDE."

The only way its going to "fix" itself from the inside is from feedback from the outside.. If a cop is honestly just harassing you for bullshit reasons ( i mean real bullshit, not i got pulled over for going 105) then complain to someone! Someone that can actually do something about it.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Okay, so what is the difference between someone calling cops assholes or dicks, and and someone calling sportbike riders irresponsible punks? Seems like some sterotypes from both sides of the issue..just my .02

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
prime example BIKERS
i mean all these muppets on GSXR's give motorcyclists bad names but you still plead that we are all good but yet to the common eye ALL BIKERS are the same. my dad dont know the diff types of bikes nor people that ride them.
JUST ACCEPT IT
thats what im basically saying
people just assume we all drive badly just because of young kids on GSXR's its the same with cops. just coz one pulls you over for apparently nothing it dont mean they all will.

·
Premium Member
11,912 Posts
Originally posted by rockstar84<br>

I just don't appreciate cops that abuse their power by picking on all the miniscule rules they can dig out of the book. Guaranteed while he was in a parking lot harassing my gf over my bike which was parked... somewhere within my town there was some domestic violence, prostitution, or drug raid or other acts of violence going on.

That quote which you dug up, wasn't actually about a cop that I ran into, it was about me responding to someone else who felt that they had to deal with a cop on an ego trip in another state. I have ran into good cops... they have let me off with a break, told me it was a nice day for riding, and one of them I actually bullshitted with for 40 minutes at the foot of my driveway while talking about how I would like to be a cop and how it is an interesting an fulfilling job. He just wanted to make a point that I had my permit and suggested that I get my license for my own saftey and convenience.

I don't hate all cops at all, I am considering being one. It's just that the majority of them that I run into seem like they have such lack of social life that they must bust my nuts or stereotype me for doing nothing wrong when there is plenty of wrong doing going on around me to occupy their time. They can start with all these soccer moms in the escalades and denalis yapping away on their cell phones while trying to make a statement about their economic situation by driving a vehicle that has no use on our flat grid system island....
Let me start with the your quote that I cited. It was about a cop in another country and all the cop did was take the guy's license plate away because it was mounted improperly. Whether the cop was wrong or right, don't you think wanting to have him executed for that is a bit too excessive???

So, cops should be like superman and know where a crime is being commited and fight only crime at all time. There are different types of cops with different responsibilities. All cops are here to protect and serve as their primary responsibility, but highway patrol have other responsibilities, as do Sheriffs, State Police, Detectives, and so on, and so forth.

So a good cop is a cop that will give you a break if he pulls you over for something you did wrong (because if you weren't doing something wrong there wouldn't be a need for him to give you a break; would there?). Going by that logic, a bad cop would be one that actually ticketed you for a violation... OK!

I've been pulled over many, many times, a couple were bullshit. Every ticket I got, I deserved. I've been pulled over, was in the wrong and have gotten off with just a warning. All the cops above were good cops. I was pulled-over the very first night I had my '02 ZX-6 for speeding; I was speeding but explained to the officer in a respectable tone that it was my first day with my bike and I was getting used to it, that I didn't realize how fast I was going and that I was only two exits away from home; he let me go with a warning. I got pulled over for speeding on the same bike at a different date; the cop immediately asked me for my keys and I said jockingly "don't worry, I'm too old to run." He happened to be from N.Y. and we B.S.'d for a while, I thought I was going to get away with a warning, but he gave me a reduced ticket anyway. Still, he was a pleasant fellow and a good cop. Another one followed me once and finally decided to pull me over for my tag being improperly placed acccording to him (kind of like your first ticket) we immediately started talking about bikes and how he was looking to buy one, he gave me a fix-it ticket for the tag and went on. Another good cop despite the fact that he gave me a ticket. And I have more examples, but I won't bore you any further. The point is had my attitude been different, things wouldn't have worked-out the way they did for me. You seem to have a built-in disposition about cops and I think that truly makes things worst. I've had cops that off the get go seem like total assholes change their approach immediately once they realize that their buit-in disposition about bike riders was wrong about me.

Here's a piece of unsolicited advice but, given your disposition about cops, I recommend you find a different career. And BTW, I haven't always been a cop friendly person, but I learned to realize that like everything and every race in life, there is good and there is bad and you can't assume that everyone is bad...

You want to know which cop should be shot in the head execution style, the cop that hit my nephews bike and fled the scene leaving him to die on the street...

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Well coming from an older person a cop might look at you a lot differnt then they look at me.. Case in point my father who gets pulled over a lot for speeding, will walk right up to the cop car when he gets pulled over and talks to the cop.. No tickets has he gotten, in the 5 times he's been pulled over, not even written warnings.. I get pulled over on my bike at a mere 8 miles over am very curtious and get yelled at to "keep your fucking hands where i can see them!" .. Why the hell should i respect that? If im not met with a certain amount of respect why should i shovel out my ass kissing skills? I dont expect them to be blissful and yes i do take shame in being pulled over and dont expect the same respect as if to say, i just walked up and talked to one, but come on. There is that threshold limit, I can only take so much sometimes..

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ironman, that sentence that you quoted me on was actually in response to how the cop took the riders plate, and then said something about wishing that he would get into an accident or some other negative remarks he made.

Like everyone is saying, its true theres going to be pricks in every work field, and I think I would definitely make a good cop. It's obvious that certain cops have pet peeves that they like to pick on over other cops... I'm just saying that if you are going to bother pulling over bikes, get the guys doing wheelies in traffic and white lining between cars and all that nonsense which is what makes the general public dislike us. Picking on my bike while its parked because the license plate isn't at the correct angle is just ridiculous, and stereotyping me because I could possibly be one of the guys who has ran from him and got away in the past is ridiculous as well.

I almost got T boned by a cop at an intersection which only had a stop sign in one direction. The cop was blowing the stop sign and almost t boned me because I didn't have a stop sign going my way, although he must have thought that I did.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.