Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Just bought a '01 250 and have a few issues

940 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  dbtk2 
#1 ·
Just picked up a 01 EX250 for my girlfriend for her first bike. It hadn't been run in about a year so I got it running. However, the only gauge that works is the tach. The temp gauge is pegged all the way to hot and the speedo doesn't work. I'm sure its probably just a wiring issue, i'm just hoping someone has a diagram I could use to track it down. Also, the neutral light doesn't work (might be burnt out for all i know).

I'd like to get these few things taken care of so I'm hoping either these are common problems or someone can get me a wiring diagram for it.

The previous owner had it all apart and painted it so I'm wondering if its just stuff that never got hooked up.

Thanks.

#3 ·
Is the coolant temp sensor the one on the radiator? I didn't see any other one on the head or anything (just looking without taking anything apart). If it is, i unplugged that and the gauge didn't change, also the sensor looks new like its already been replaced.

#6 ·
Thanks for the diagram, helps a lot!

And yea I do need a service manual, haven't had a chance to find one yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.