Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a Honda Nighthawk 650 as a college student and loved her. Then had a 2001 Yamaha R-1 I loved in my 30’s. Now I don’t need to go super fast, but I want to look like I can. I like the more ergonomic set-up. I’m not a big guy and a 400 or 500 would have worked. I really liked the Ninja and 650 felt perfect for me.

After watching many side by side videos, I am only more sure this is the right bike. It won’t wind out to 15,000+, but I don’t want to have to go up there to get my power anyway.

I was between the new R-7 and the Ninja 650. Couldn’t even find an R-7 fo sit on. After watching videos of people riding those, am am glad as they seem too aggressively pitched forward for my older self.

Can’t wait to take delivery next week; I have the KRT edition I have a Yamaha jet boat and love the Yamaha jet boat forums and pages. It has made taking care of her much easier. Looking forward to finding a group like that with my fellow Kawasaki riders!
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

·
39,627 Posts
Congrats on taking ownership of that beautiful bike. Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: ninja dman

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve had myself a 650, also had many zx14rs and I really loved that bike. Those 650s really scream. Much more ergonomic and comfy than 6r. Plus way less money. For the money I would go 650 rather than 6r all day. Those 650s do get up and go more than one with think, not like the r1 of course but in a less anxious way. Lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That’s what I’m talking about. I pick her up Tuesday and I cannot wait. I like that it’s more upright but has the same Ninja styling. I am glad to hear she’ll get up and go. I remember leaving the dealer on my R-1 and it had been a few years since my Nighthawk 650. I was so nervous and you could feel the power waiting to be unleashed. I’m not a big guy and I don’t have riders anymore, my wife has her own bike! So I feel like the 650 is a perfect size for me right now. Thank you so much for sharing!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have my beloved 2010 ER6-f and I was looking at the bike you're getting. I have also been pondering about the new CBR650R but can't make up my mind :unsure:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts