Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just bought my first ever Kawasaki and I'm enjoying it.

My bike history goes 01 Peugeout Scooter > 02 Aprilia RS125 > 99 Yamaha R6 > 94 Suzuki GN 125 > 00 Yamaha R6 > 04 Yamaha R1 > 05 Suzuki GSXR 1000 K5 > 98 Suzuki GS 125 :D cheap transport for work > 96 Honda CB 500 > 99 Honda CB 500 > 98 Kawasaki ZX6R

This is all in the space of 8.5 years and I still own the GSXR 1K (now a track bike) and the two CB 500s.

Loving the ZX6R but it is running a little rough and I'm hoping some of you Kwaka legends :Bowdown: may be able to help me with this (see other thread).

I think this ZX has a lot of potential....May even go as extreme as I did with the R6 and put a more modern front end, swingarm and shock on. :cool:

So....Hello everyboday ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well since I'm not allowed to post in the Old School forum yet (I don't know why), I'll ask here about the problems I'm having with my bike.

So I've just got this 98 ZX6R and at 4000 revs, the bike throttle response is very wet / spongy /wooly and you can hear the exhaust sound is a bit buzzy.

As the throttle is rolled on beyond this, the problem clears up.

At a standstill, if I blip the throttle (quick rev), the revs hang for a brief moment before falling to idle revs.

This indicates a lean carburation / sticking float bowls or even an air leak.

I believe the bike is stock except for an open exhaust can.

I've ordered new plugs, new fuel filter, oil, oil filter and air filter, and have scheduled a couple of days for a clean up of the bike.

Is there anything I should look at first regarding this issue?

Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts