Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
I would be aware of that nearly new fairing kit. It looks like the chinese ones that melt or explode the first time it sees the deck.

None of those issues sound too bad although i would be wary of any bike with incorrect mileages.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not a bad looking bike, but despite all of the problems, you got TAKEN HARD!!!
Some guy was waiting to unload that frankenstein'd bike to some guy who knew more about spending money than buying bikes.
Sorry man.
You're already 5k in, you're losing either way you look at it.
In all honesty though, 1) you should have walked away from a bike that bad with that price tag; 2) if you're going to have it fixed, just start over, replace everything COMPLETELY that doesn't work/function; 3) you're going to be spending alot of time and money on this so don't think its going to be a cheap weekend getaway.
Good luck though, if it were me, i'd try to find somebody as "ambitious" as you to take it off your hands....

·
Registered
24 Posts
It is one of those chinese kits. I agree, the issues don't seem that bad and the bike still hauls ass. I keep going back and forth between wanting to keep her and fix her...vs just letting her go die with someone else :confused:

P.S. Did I mention she needs new brake pads? LMFAO
you should check over at zx-10r.net ....the best forum bar none for 10R owners. You will find parts for cheap and alot of good guys willing to help and share knowlege.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Wow, that suck's Anthony. How did you go about buying this bike? I'm guessing you never were able to look at the bike in person before buying...or ?
I'm in a similar situation with a bike I bought this month although the bike is almost like new, once it arrived to me I realized the motor is blown...running on 3 cylinder's.
With your bike, it's not worth investing any money in IMO. Get out from it and move on or figure out if motor, frame etc are worth parting out.
Good luck :thumbup:

Or go ahead & learn how to repair it yourself.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Did you buy that bike on craigslist? I live in AZ and I could have sworn I saw that same bike on there. I was gonna take a look at it as well. Dang It looked like a good deal, sucks the bike is having all those issues.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice man that 2011 looks BOSS...

Looks like it went to the gym and pumped some iron.
Thanks man!! I love this bike more than the ZX-6R and ZX-10R by FAR. Way more comfortable for street riding (all I do) and it has all power I need!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts