Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have been coming to this forum for a week but was unable to register until now, I kept getting an error code. Well a bit about me, I am 26, in the Navy stationed in San Diego. In 2000 I was stationed in Corpus Christi, TX. and bought my first bike ever a brand new Yamaha R6. Wow what a bike it was, and definitely not the model 1st bike. I rode it for about 6-8 months with no accidents but many close calls and scares 99% of which were my fault, I guess any fool with no skills can go the speed of heat on a straightaway. I ended up selling the bike as I was afraid I was unable to ride it responsibly. Now I have always had a huge soft spot in my heart for motorcycles and even after selling my R6 wanted to keep riding. So to make a long story short just yesterday I bought a brand new 2003 ZX6RR, Kawasaki Green. When I sold my first bike I just gave my Arai Quantum F helmet, Teknik leather riding jacket and gloves to the lucky guy who bought the bike. So I also had to shell out another load of cash on a good helmet, jacket, and gloves but I am a firm believer in wearing as much safety gear as possible. I hope that with a few years and more self control under my belt along with some riding courses and tips from this forum that I can become a much more confident and safe rider than I was 3 years ago. Well that about sums it up, thank you for allowing me to post on this forum, from what I have already seen it is a wealth of information and knowledge. Be safe out there.

zkirby

·
Registered
530 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on the new bike! You sound like a very responsible rider -- I'm sure you'll learn a lot with a mature attitude like that. [^]

·
Registered
185 Posts
Green is the fastest. Welcome. No pics yet?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow thanks for all the welcoming; I do miss Corpus a bit as Texans are the greatest people I have ever met. As far as the riding there was nothing but long straight flat roads that I took as a free invitation to see how fast my R6 could go on many occasions (hence I scared myself quite a bit). I haven’t ridden in San Diego yet and can't wait, I actually have the day off tomorrow but no helmet :( the helmet I wanted was not in stock and will take 2-3 days to get here so I'm bummin but oh well. Will post some more on San Diego riding once I have actually done it [:p] I do hear it's great.

zkirby :D

·
Registered
446 Posts
You should take a ride up highway 76, it's up towards oceanside/carlsbad but it's a great road, and one of my favorites to drive on. There are so many wonderful roads there I'm jealous that I'm stuck here in pensacola.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Pensacola's not so bad. You've got some nice rides north of you in Alabama as I recall. Route 31 is pretty good and lots of nice riding up around the Taladega Forest, Route 7's a stormer but watch out for loose gravel in places :(

And I'll bet it's a lot warmer where you are. We had -3C last night.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.