Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new helmet today Roof Lemans in Silver...It's shipping from the UK and should be in my hands in 2 weeks...I'll post up a review after that if anyone is interested!

Bought from: www.tricktape.com

·
Registered
755 Posts
I heard previously that they took a month or two due to back orders and poor international shipping from them. Otherwise, nice helmets. I would love to hear a review on those.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My distributor said the guys in the UK had them in stock and ready to roll. They are made in france, and they won't sell them to us...so, we have to get them through our friendly brit neighbors. I was given an estimate of 2-3 weeks to come in, so if that's not the case, you'll see a post on here.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i heard good things about the ventilation of those. let me know when you get it and how it turns out.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do Arturo...I'm still waiting for it to come in from England, but I talked to the distributor and hopefully should be in this week... I'll let ya know!

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
So did you get your helmet?
What I heard is that no matter how hard you try to make the shield fog up it just wont.
Very nice looking helmet.
Feedback Feedback

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haven't gotten it yet guys! The UK Distributor had trouble with the batch they ordered for us in the U.S. HOWEVER, this week, they should be in for sure...cross your fingers, I'm going to take it out in every condition to get a good review up on this lid.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
can we see pics of it on? i aint trying to be gay, but im curious to see what it would look like while someone is wearing it on a bike.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't have any pics with it on yet, I might be able to find some, I remember seeing one on cycleforums.com awhile back. I'm hoping to get it in this week, I'm really jonesing for it now...

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by arturo3rd

can we see pics of it on? i aint trying to be gay, but im curious to see what it would look like while someone is wearing it on a bike.
Here you go: these are from Rezin at cycleforums.com...

Cropped Salute!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
looks like a jet fighter pilot, i can see a trend starting!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Damn, that helmet is badass! Arturo is right, I can feel a trend starting........

Actually, I saw those helmets on a website very recently, I'll post the link in a minute, after I'm done cruisin the forum[8D]

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Ok, I'm a dumbass. DEZixxer already posted this, but for those of you who are like me, and skim over posts instead of reading them, the helmets can be found at www.tricktape.com. They go for $379.00 for the solid colors, but they have limited edition ones (the ones pictured on this page (with the stripes) for $429.00.

The tricktape website does say, however, that they have most of the styles and sizes IN STOCK, so you may not have to wait weeks and weeks for your helmet to ship overseas.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Alright guys, since I love you all so much, and I'm bored as fuck tonight, I decided to do a little research, and I found a better deal than tricktape has to offer. Plus, I got some pics:D

Here is the basic Roof - Diversion model

And here is the Roof - Daytona model (which also comes in Kawi green with a black stripe, but they didn't have a pic[:p])

And finally, this is the badass Roof - LeMans model

All of these helmets are on Designerhelmets.com for $357 USD for the LeMans and Daytona models, and $284 for the Diversion model. They can also be found at www.bikersport.com for a few dollars less, but not enough to make a big deal. www.Designerhelmets.com has better pics too!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DAMN! Designerhelmets.com is much cheaper than they were before, that is great!

I haven't gotten the Roof yet for all those that asked...so I am looking into the Shoei RF-1000 I can get it for about 335 and probably have it by next week...but now that desingerhelmets.com is cheap again, I'm going to see how quick they can get it here...

Tricktape.com needs to be updated, they are way backordered on the Roofs and their british distributor can't get them to them any faster. It is taking FOREVER...

and I need a new lid...has anyone checked out the RF-1000's???

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I ordered the RF-1000 and it will be in my hands in about an hour! I'll post up a quick review today, and then a better one after I ride tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I JUST GOT THE RF-1000, and I can honestly say, that just by looking at it and trying it on, MUCH higher quality than the RF-800. More oval in shape, better ventilation mechanisms, removeable cheekpads, I'll post up some pics later tomorrow! I'm going for a ride tonight!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.