Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i just bought my first bike that wasn't a sport bike i usually ride zx7's but i got an amazing deal on a 1981 kawi csr 1000, its currently needing a battery and the P. O. had put new seals and gaskets for head but stripped the cam cap bolts on a few bolts because he left torque wrench on wrong setting :squint:

whats the best way to fix that? just re tap slightly bigger bolt?

and looking for info on these bikes good points... or problems
havn't decided whether to make it a street bike or strickly drag bike

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
best bet is to heli-coil the damaged holes. post some pics of the bike ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when i removed 2 of the 4 striped bolst 2 of them had heli coils on them, does that mean they failed? i was thinking to just tap bigger to 7mm?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i have bike back together now and it wont start or even turn over, previous owner took top half apart to change gaskets and seals, is there something i could have missed why it wont crank over? any ideas where to start

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
is the battery good ?
everything plugged in properly ?
any lights on the dash when the key is on ?
got a shop manual for the bike ?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Am I understanding you right when you say it won't crank
over, is the starter motor even turning or is it just dead?
Any lights coming on? Give some more details
David:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok so far lights all turn on, headlight signals etc all work, batt was ok cuz after trying it on the csr i took it out dropped it in my zx7 and it started that bike fine, i checked what fuses i could see under seat they looked good, made sure second small black/yel wire was attached with ground to batt,

and no starter doesn't turn over, i just emailed P O and he said it was cranking over fine, and i do have a manual

1 - 7 of 7 Posts