Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And my neck and hands are killing me!

The ZX-6 and the 250 are like completely different animals...

The ZX-6 is insane fast... BUT the seating position is very uncomfortable, especially for city cruising. I'm 5'-6" so maybe that has something to do with me being uncomfortable. My neck hurts like hell now. And though the bike is about 30lbs heavier, it felt much heavier.

The 250 is so much more comfortable, since the seating position is pretty straight.

All in all I liked the ZX-6, but for the type of riding I do (mostly city), the 250 is a better choice :D.

Just wanted to share LOL...

Reactions: jbhdhf

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ZX-6 is actually the most leaned over of all the 600's, I didn't care for it much either.
Go sit on a CBR or an R6, better ergos and stupid fast.

:)
I thought the R6 had the worse ergos... :confused:

·
Registered
51 Posts
The ZX-6 is actually the most leaned over of all the 600's, I didn't care for it much either.
Go sit on a CBR or an R6, better ergos and stupid fast.

:)
Ergo on the R6 is terrible. Unless you're just pointing out your personal opinion but the majority will agree R6 has one of the worst ergo for the streets.

·
Registered
73 Posts
From what I've seen and sitting on one the GSX-R has good ergos with the most upright position. The CBR seems to be somewhat geared to daily driving according to this:

·
Registered
389 Posts
It just takes some time to get used to. I actually prefer the 6R's aggressive position over other 600's now and I do a lot of city riding.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
i have actually thought about getting a 500 instead of the 6 for this very reason. but that 500 has a look that only a mother could love

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
It just takes some time to get used to. I actually prefer the 6R's aggressive position over other 600's now and I do a lot of city riding.
:plusone:

1st day I got my 636, I was like "Ok this is not gonna work" Couple days later it was 2nd nature and very comfortable to me

·
Registered
4 Posts
HeliBars

I put on a set of HeliBars and they did wonders for the riding position. I can ride of hours now with no soreness at all.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
yeah, you build the muscles in your neck as well. You get used to it rather quickly. I've never had the pleasure of riding the 250r though, only the 500.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I put on a set of HeliBars and they did wonders for the riding position. I can ride of hours now with no soreness at all.
Thats what I like to hear! thats encouraging. I'd really rather mod a zx6 to my liking than buy a CBR that I dont really want. Helibars and repadding the seat, and I'll be a happy camper... just not gonna happen this season :rolleyes:

·
Veteran Lowsider
20,840 Posts
250 = sport bike with standard riding position (closer to than that of a cruiser), ZX-6R = supersport with low riding position, it takes time to get used to sitting correctly and comfortably. Trust me, i went from a ex250 to a ZX6R this year.

Edit: Note the 250 is more of a commuting bike

·
Registered
180 Posts
250 = sport bike with standard riding position (closer to than that of a cruiser), ZX-6R = supersport with low riding position, it takes time to get used to sitting correctly and comfortably. Trust me, i went from a ex250 to a ZX6R this year.

Edit: Note the 250 is more of a commuting bike
The '08 250R's position is not nearly as radical as the ZX-6R but no where close to a cruiser. It puts you slightly forward but, at least for 6 footers, bends your legs far more aggressively than any cruiser.

Tim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts